Rv transporting companies?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Krazy Cajun, Apr 3, 2016.

1. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Don't know about Pinnacle directly but they all are pretty much the same . Just need to call a few and see which company feels right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I have been researching the RV transport thing and the only way I can see it being realistic is to take my current Freightliner, maybe go to one drive axle, and getting a specialized RV/Cargo trailer and hauling multiple units. Could also haul autos, light trucks, conversion class B RV's, compact tractors, etc.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You plan on a haul&tow or pull a trailer?

5. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Haven't really decided one way or the other, or even if I will get past the initial research into it. I am in the very early stages of checking into things.

6. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    If you're still kicking the idea around my dad did it for several years and made good money with a medium duty truck (Sterling acterra) as a haul and tow setup 1 on the truck 2-4 on the trailer its in classified but I have no pics right now.

7. Tlhsmw

Tlhsmw Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2018
    I have been looking into the rv transport as i work commercial construction and work comes and goes so just looking to suppliment my current income since i live in illinois about 400 miles from most of the manufacturers and was looking to haul to missouri, illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee and i have talked to alot of drivers from a few different companies at the local truck stop and they all seem to tell me there are lots of loads for those areas but they all said they lived to far away to go back home empty so those loads weren't profitable enough for them any input would be appreciated

8. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Although I have not pulled any RV’S I would agree with those drivers.

9. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    Team rv ....
    Stay away ...
    Big mouth and nothing ..
    My friend was with them ... he lost 4weeks of imcome ... lo loads ... ice storm snow ... lots of excauses

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. jeffman164

jeffman164 Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    There are loads to those locations but not always . Just depends on who orders what and when . There are busy and there are also slow times . Transport companies can't dictate that .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.