S60 white gray smoke with heavy misfire video included

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by bruce25, Dec 29, 2021.

1. bruce25

bruce25 Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Ok i will bring a laser gun and record Temp thank you for suggesting.

Rideandrepair and jamespmack Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Up close to ports on a cold start. If you have not changed anything recent and It didn't do it in the last seven years I suspect mechanical injector faults. Which gives no codes.

If 3 are cold and 3 are hot, it could be ecm, not actual injectors. Or somehow its on 1/2 engine cold warm up. Which requires a ecm program change, but could happen with failing ecm.

No simple guarantee answer. I'll try and help with what I can.

Few others might be more knowledgeable than me.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    Swine hauler and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s what I was wondering. Some have the 3 only when cold. I think the parking brake has to be set for it to work. I wondered if anyone had programmed it in maybe. I forget exactly, but the harness somehow controls 3 injectors together, and the other 3 together. The injector harness are known for causing problems. But why only when cold? Mine stumbles after idling, when warm. It smokes white and misses bad, till it’s revved up good. I suspect air in fuel. You might have 2 problems. I’m only guessing, at best. Can’t figure my own out. There’s quite a few that have the stumble Problem on here. I’ve yet to hear the cause. Maybe someone else knows more about the harness. I’ve got a new one here in a box. I’ll look at it if you want. Ironically the 3 only when cold programming is meant to cut down on white smoke while cold. 2002 has the 16.5:1 pistons. So pistons aren’t the problem. Please be sure to share if you get it fixed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    lwlevens Thanks this.
  5. DDguy

DDguy Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Ont. Canada
    The problem here is in the calibration PM me if you wish i have fixed some of these The calibration ####### timing when you romp on padel My explaination here is when the engines are new they are close to doing this and once they get some wear and the mechanical injector timing changes slightly they start doing this because the Ecm timing doesnt account for mechical wear

6. DDguy

DDguy Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Ont. Canada
    Sorry previous post made ##### i meant to say it makes timing later

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.