Sage is a horrible choice for a truck driving school, it's a big rip off!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Andromeda973, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Andromeda973

Andromeda973 Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2013
    SAGE IS A HORRIBLE CHOICE FOR A TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOL!
    YOUR BETTER THAN THAT.

Sage truck Driving School breaks federal regulations, feed answers at test time, and terminate students with a small learning curve with no refund!
    Sage is honestly one of the worst places you can go to if you want to drive a truck. I went to school here and I can truthfully tell you that every single one in the class, all 11 of us, were in some way or another quite frustrated with Sage. I am still really good friends with most of the class and we all still joke about how pathetic it was.

Sage Technical Schools have a 100% passing rate. Me and my classmates soon understood how they are able to do this. They kicked out several students who were having just a little learning curve, and I truly mean LITTLE. They weren't much far behind me and would have passed but Sage kicked them out in halfway through the coarse and didnt return any of their money.

Truth is, Sage is a racket. If you dont believe me then just do the research yourself. They were on the news in Washington for doing just this. Just one example is Laurie T, who went public on the evening news with how Sage took her money and kicked her aside. She is just one of more then 30 people I have read about and spoken with.

Should there be a class action lawsuit? There are so many people who are disappointed with Sage and who all deserve compensation.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    Orlandodriver Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    When you graduated from Sage, did you find employment? If you did, why would you want to sue Sage? The reason I ask these questions, is because many drivers on this forum graduated from Sage and immediately found employment, which is why they attended Sage.

4. Andromeda973

Mar 13, 2013
    I was one of the 3 students they kicked out of our class. They waited til the hour that the classroom portion of the coarse was finished as to not rile up other students. Me and another guy traveled over 1000 miles to go to Sage, dropped our whole life. The only people Sage passed were the people who had prior truck driving experience, most of which who lived and worked on farms and drove rigs on their own properties.

I'm a Yankee, and have never done anything like this before. When Sage terminated the three of us the instructors, and the program administrator told us all, individually mind you, that "we would never be able to drive a truck, some people have it, and other people don't". At least for us three, that statement couldn't be further from the truth. All three of us had learning curves, but we honestly weren't far behind the other few in the class.

Guess what, since I was terminated I went to a new non-corporate trucking instruction coarse and in the coarse of three-four weeks I can now do 90 degree backing, straight line backing, off set backing, and parallel park on the first try. I honestly cant believe how much I learned from going to a instruction coarse run by an individual! That is how it should be done, and you can too. People like this who run their own truck driving instruction coarse are all over in almost every state. They are experienced, insured, and have the people skills, common decency and knowledge to make you the best you can be. I have driven through some of the most ferocious snow storms, and icy roads in North Dakota now for three months now and Im doing pretty #### good- and making a ton of money up here in oil land!

I forgot about what Sage told me, "you cant drive a truck because you dont have it in you". They honestly thought I would give up because they told me so. What a joke!

Gregg Aversa, the President and CEO of Sage, is quite a corrupt man. The duplicitous philosophy he runs with his staff is quite corrupt. Sage is certified by an association called PTDI. Me and some of the the guys, as well as a group we have formed with 12 other people from Sage School, have been investigating Sage. A few guys and I personally spent a week in the states Federal Court house's library just to find out exactly what the rules are for truck driving school and what being certified by PTDI requires. Sage have broken so many rules that it is laughable. First off all of the test and grades are rigged. Anybody in our school can witness this. That is against PTDI rules. They are supposed to give you 4 hours of BTW (behind the wheel) each BTW training day. They never do this, its always an two hours and a half or three hours at the most. The teaching is horrendous, and so is the instruction.

Another person to be very careful around is a woman named Pamela L. She may be a bit of a null skull but she has a Narcissistic personality disorder. I dont know if she is still working at Sage after they closed down the school she was working at but she took over for the program administrator when he quit. They had no one else to take over when he resigned so it was up to her. She was so disorganize and unknowable that it made it very hard for us our of state students. In the very beginning we three almost had to call it quits because she had her facts twisted. She also broke down and fake cried in from of the class which we all laughed about around a large table for lunch because her personality is so easily recognized as narcissistic.

I will say this, it takes a specific sort of character to work in a place that is openly corrupt.

One thing I appreciated at the end of this whole experience is right when I was leaving one of the instructors pulled me aside and said "listen, if it was up to me I would never do this to you. I hate the politics we have to deal with in a company like this. Its not right what they did to you guys. This is what the world is like sometimes you have to deal with the dirty side and dirty people" then he smiled regrettably and wished me luck.

Its rare you will ever find someone who will defend the Sage program because they have done wrong to a lot or just the bare minimum.

If you have an account on Google you can have google email you every time it finds new keywords on the internet. This can be used to someone to find out if there are people talking about your company on the Internet, whether good or bad. I wouldn't be surprised if I representative from Sage or Gregg himself would come on and comment here to rebuttal all said. Ive seen it before, so Sage if you are reading this- We are coming after you, no matter how long it takes. There are too many of us!

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Have you found a job yet? If not, many of us on here can probably give you some leads. Keep us informed.

6. Andromeda973

Mar 13, 2013
    Yes, I know my response was a tad long but it was in there. I did not graduate, please read above in my second post on this thread.

I am not working in North Dakota and love it! There is some serious money to be made up here, anywhere from $8000-15000 a month depending on how long you choose to work a week and how much experience and endorsements you have. :)

7. startsmonday

startsmonday Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Well, I had the opposite experience at Sage. I was HORRIBLE at driving a truck, and they let me stay an extra week to practice backing until I passed my test at the DMV. Which location did you attend? Sage has a lot of locations. What was your behavior like when you attended the school? You said you laughed when the woman started crying? That shows a lot of class. Everyone who attended my class, passed. No one was kicked out. Kingman, Az.

Fabulous Maximus and Big_D409 Thank this.
  8. interdude

interdude Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    why go there if easy to find out biz sucks?

startsmonday Thanks this.
  9. Andromeda973

Mar 13, 2013
    I didn't laugh at the lady in her face. I honestly didn't even laugh at loud. At lunch time, 8 of us from the class went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and all had a long conversation about her antics and the program, and all laughed about it because we were knee deep.

I am a gentleman, well mannered and educated, and a Berklee and Harvard Alumni. I came out for this for the experience and adventure. I don't plan on being a truck driver forever. I work in the music and film industry but for specific reason have decided to take a hiatus to experience more of life before I get older. I wanted to work in ND and finally got there and love it. Its an experience that I think many should have.

Perhaps I was at one of the worst school but that doesn't explain why Sage is the worst reviewed school online! If need be my next post can be with a cluster of links to some very upset people. Now, i am a realist so we need to take into account that some people couldn't cut it. In order to discuss this properly one must be objective, and I realize this. Again, that doesn't explain the insurmountable amount of disgruntled students.

Its a good thing that you had a good experience, but statistics don't lie. Where do these statistics come from? Rip-off report, pissed-consumer, local news stations and articles... There is no other truck driving instruction company with reports like this. Don't take it from me, please. People need to do their own research. This is where I made my mistake. But let me tell you, once I was done with Sage I started doing a ton of research for a new school and I found one! Guess what, that school was everything that they said and that the reviews said.

Who am advocating for with all this? People like myself, and the many other disappointed people. This not only goes for Sage, but all companies with duplicitous practices.

My biggest point here is: You don't have to listen and blindly believe everything I am saying here. Do your own research people! Don't take information from only one place, take it from everywhere you can.

10. Andromeda973

Mar 13, 2013
    @interdude

Duly noted!

In many stories where one party accuses the other of wrong doings, such as this, the accuser is not completely free of blame. My mistake, as many others in my position was a compulsive one. I did not do the research I should have. I did a Google search and found their website quickly. Saw that the tuition was cheaper than schools in my area, Boston. If I would have done the research, I not only would have found that of the schools bad reputation but I would have found many other worth while schools for much much cheaper!

11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are you going to Nashville and pursue your music career? Maybe you can drive one of Taylor Swift's trucks.

Starboyjim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.