Saia linehaul? Anyone have any information about them?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Feb 11, 2019.

1. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    anyone work here I’m trying to get out of otr and be home more and make more. Saia looks good how long til you have seniority to be home everyday?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Good company, with some limitations. They have driver facing cameras, not a big deal if you do your job correctly and follow their policies. A few odd ball policies, absolutely no phone at all while driving, not even bluetooth.

Home daily will depend on your barn and what is open when you apply. Many locations have home daily from day 1, others you will be a system driver until someone leaves. They can tell you the availability when you apply or speak to the recruiter. Pay is good, equipment is mostly new, a few manuals left but mostly autos.

My brother is linehaul at Saia, has been there just a year and grossed just shy of $80k last year doing a 1 day turn. Was on a home nightly run until the layover opened up, took it because it means he only builds 1 set a night and works about 13 days a month for that type of money.

It was almost good enough to make me give up my current business and go back to being a driver, almost but not quite.

4. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Just depends on where you located to be home everyday. If your out of a terminal that’s short drivers you’ll get sent back to your home terminal a lot. I got a home daily nigh shift run bid in 1 week. Was on the system(Extraboard) for a week only. If the weather wasn’t acting up my bid pays 1800-1850 a week gross. So I should make in the 90k range. I’m also topped out on pay. I made 10k this last month alone with the extra week even though I missed some runs cause of the roads being messed up.

They are lightening up on the cameras. Just don’t be a tailgater and you’ll be fine. Also they are trying to bring back Bluetooth. Some drivers here still use them. The main thing is don’t use cell phone in hand or to your ear while driving. Which is totally understandable in my eyes.

Company has their quirks but they pay you well to deal with it. I’ve been here almost 4 months and don’t plan on going anywhere.

5. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Topped out already? Nice!

Mooseontheloose and Radman Thank this.
  6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    They were offering topped out to experienced LTL drivers cause they needed drivers. Hired on topped out.

7. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Idk I’m looking at the Carlisle pa position says 1600 to 2500 miles a week 66 or 68 cpm home daily

8. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    I had an interview at my joy pa like 7 months ago didn’t go started another job good company where I’m at but now I have a girl so need to be home more to get my tang on ya diggy?

Mooseontheloose and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Saia doesn’t allow CBs either, as if the cameras weren’t enough of an affront to the dignity of an experienced driver.

road_runner and McUzi Thank this.
  10. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    I ####ing hate cameras I’d fire myself if I seen half the #### I do or mostly say like I probably look like a serial killer on camera

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I haven’t used a cb in 8 years. When I ran linehaul at Reddaway the most laid back company in LTL I never used a cb. I use my cell phone and still do. I guess I got tired of hearing “I ain’t got no panties on.” By manly love voice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.