Saia out of Denver

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by ColoradoLinehaul, Oct 2, 2022.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    If they’re pulling long boxes they’ll have a far easier time anyway just by having less dead weight to drag.

MartinFromBC and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    They are, besides that, I'm sure most of them are manual trans. That makes a pretty big difference when climbing slick terrain, if you know how to do it...

4. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm very scary in regards to single axles. I've been driving one for a week or two because it's super fast but I'm definitely very leery of em. It seems like the trailers swing more and I almost had a heart attack on an uneven road. Felt like the whole truck was about to flip over.

LtlAnonymous and ColoradoLinehaul Thank this.
  5. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    It’s not an automatic. There is no torque converter between the engine and tranny. It’s an auto shift and it’s not you that’s ignorant it’s the software controlling the auto shift that’s ignorant.

6. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Back to the OP... I'm not trying to downplay his complaints about Saia, but this is right out of the playbook of issues you have to deal with when working for a major LTL carrier. I read his entire post and most of those grievances he has are common at my company as well.
    Slip seats with lazy, filthy drivers who don't pre-trip or post trip. Check.
    Driver facing cameras with safety nazis watching your every move. Check.
    Single screw governed trucks with automatic shifting. Check.
    Equipment cluttered terminals that seem to be falling apart. Check.
    Being expected to run in adverse conditions except in extreme severe blizzards. Check.
    Incompetent lazy employees who are not held to the same standards as those who are responsible and reliable. Check.
    Poor unorganized management teams that are constantly pushing the blame off of themselves and trying to screw the next guy. Check
    I could go on, but why bother.
    If I was so miserable, I could easily drive for another company. I collect a good paycheck every week, I sleep in my own bed everyday. I get weekends off, and holidays paid.
    @ColoradoLinehaul I just don't think this type of trucking suits your fancy. Try something else and hopefully you'll be happier. Good luck!

7. LTL Bull

LTL Bull Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2020
    R&L checks most of those boxes except driver facing cams and most of the terminals have a good amount of space. The inclement weather thing is particularly annoying to me. I lived a few counties away from my old terminal. Snow storm was coming in, my county went to snow emergency. I called terminal they said well we’re not in emergency here you have to come in. Made my way to yard, got on way to peddle area back through storm. By the time I got there it actually wasn’t all that bad and was kicking off stops. Dispatch calls and says “we just went to snow emergency here you need to head back in” . Can’t make this stuff up! Glad I was hourly!

8. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Complaining does nothing helpful.

Quit, open up your own trucking company, since you know exactly how to run it, so it will be perfect.

Report back in 2 years and let us know how its going.

Geekonthestreet Thanks this.
  9. ColoradoLinehaul

ColoradoLinehaul Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2021
    Colorado
    and you just contradicted yourself

If it has to get towed over the mother ####ing pass, then the equipment is not fine or adequate.Single screws are not adequate.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2022
    Reason for edit: Name calling
  10. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    Or maybe not adequate for undertrained or lesser drivers?

MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Grand junction is just way too dangerous. I've rejected that run every time at Estes.

ColoradoLinehaul Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.