sand & deliver llc Ft worth texas

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ljsmith729, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ljsmith729

ljsmith729 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Just discovered company out in Texas. They have sand box deliver jobs available....the question I have is ...have you ever heard of a company asking owner operator to put down payment on insurance...they're asking 2k.....what are your thoughts

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  4. R Rodriguez

R Rodriguez Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2017
    thought that was pretty shady as well spoke to a lady on the phone and she said everybody pays insurance , she couldn't answer my questions and later replied that she was sick they have no website

5. R Rodriguez

Sep 19, 2017
    Shady deal I think ,I contacted them and got a woman on the phone when asked for they're website she said they still Haven't made one yet ,and she didn't give me the physical address ,I've never heard of a company that asks for insurance money up front

6. R Rodriguez

Sep 19, 2017
    I'm guessing for the bobtail insurance on your truck ,I asked her what company was it and she said progressive .

7. Internat'l

Internat'l Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2017
    i spoke with a lady named Bianca, she didnt provide a business Physical address and insisted for me to deposit $2500 for down for insurance with Bank of America.
    without signing contract first !
    SHADY !

8. IfMommaAintHappy07

IfMommaAintHappy07 Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2017
    DONT DO IT! They contact for a company called Sand Box but there's definitely something shady going on here. Once they get your "insurance" payment you are sent to a tiny dink orientation that's mainly how to fill out paperwork but you get no actual on truck/ chassis training. It's like pulling teeth to actually get paid. Supposed to be direct deposited but they won't pay you unless you call them on Friday and ask them about it. Getting a settlement statement is just as hard. They claim you get paid 100/ hr for detention pay but then tell you it needs to be approved with no time frame on how long this approval process takes. Their business address shows up as Costco when you look it up as they have no actual office. Everything is a mess. Save yourself the hassle and don't go with these people.

R Rodriguez Thanks this.
  9. ljsmith729

Sep 18, 2017
    Well Fellas I stepped out on faith and this has been nothing but a blessing...I was nervous about the whole 2500 dollar down payment thing but this company is small...I now understand that they can't afford to put up insurance for every driver because if they do so and you leave after a few days..(which I've seen) because you decided it wasn't for you...they lose money....the lady Ms Bianca is the best...she may not have all the answers at the time.. but let me tell you...she missed her calling ..she probably should have been an investigator...she will get you an answer and solution..I've called this lady on her days off and she's ready to assist...As far as the pay....its always ON TIME AND CORRECT....like I said previously..this company is small and it has a family like feel to it...I've had a few issues ( tires blow out, mechanical issues.. you know truckers stuff )...but I'd recommend Sand and Delivery anytime....The work is not easy...but the pay is good and I think 2500 dollars is a fair deal considering the support that you receive.

10. ljsmith729

Sep 18, 2017
    I've been with Sand and Deliver a month now and I've had absolutely no issues with pay...as a matter of fact once because we had an issue ( no fault of theirs ) and I asked for a little more time to get a few more loads in before I submitted my paperwork and they did so without hesitation...

11. ljsmith729

Sep 18, 2017
    Its not a shady deal...at least my experience with them hasn't been shady...I've been with them for a month now and everything WITH ME is on the up and up....the pay is straight...the assistance is always there....the work is not always easy...but I haven't found anything wrong with sand and deliver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.