Sand haulers

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by newguy76, Jul 16, 2015.

1. newguy76

newguy76 Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Del Rio, TX
    I've noticed just this week that there are frac companies starting to hire. Is it safe to say that if frac companies are starting to hire, then business should be getting better for sand haulers? If so, who in the permian Basin would be a good company to get on with hauling sand?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    i see Cab, JH Hearn (sp), some Chalk Mountain, Northwest and some others running pretty much daily.
    at the vista sand plant in Granbury, i see some of those along with True Grit getting loaded every day. dunno if that helps or not.

4. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    Some companies I know in ND and TX and still running like usual. But rates are in the toilet. Just cause they running doesn't mean its profitable.

5. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    Our company is hiring. A lot of companies in nd are hiring. Im gonna assume the other companies are hiring for the same reason ours is, cause drivers quitting and turnover of new drivers who after a week realize they're not gonna make that great of money.

Why deal with getting covered and breathing in toxic dust and all the bs and hardship of oilfield trucking when you can make nearly as much otr and be home more often?

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    When the guys are only making $500 a week to sleep in a truck those companies are always hiring....
    No its not a good indicator of the market

Brettj3876 and teqntexas Thank this.
  7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    A better indicator of the market would be when guys are making lots of cash every week and the company isn't hiring new drivers because their trucks are full of happy drivers.
    you know the market is bad when you see companies starting to haul tortilla flour and cornmeal because it pays more than sand

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  8. Epinedo84_ept

Epinedo84_ept Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Rates are good just that 20-25 that's a good Chunk of money they take. That's why some of our oo getting to getter to start a sand hauling company. Just I want to know if anyone know how to get the rates a break down. They tell us to use other company rates but don't think this company would like that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.