Santa Told To Slim Down, Sets Bad Example For Obese Children

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Burky, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I got an idea. Instead of bothering Santa, how about make the little fatties set down their X-boxes, go outside and exercise, and hold the parents responsible for little Johnny's caloric intake. What a nanny state!!!

Santa is being told to shift the pounds before Christmas - because the obese saint is failing to set a "good example" for children.

The traditional children's hero, best known for feasting on mince pies left out on Christmas eve, has always sported a bulging midriff.

But shopping centre bosses are giving the well-wisher his marching orders - to the nearest gym - to tackle the increasing problem of obesity.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23419630-details/Santa+told+to+slim+down+for+Christmas+to+'set+a+good+example'+to+children/article.do

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Here we go! I knew they would have to pick on santa sooner or later.

He's to blame Iam sure for all the kids sitting and playing video games all day and eating crap!:biggrin_25513:

4. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Funny you should bring this up. I was grocery shopping yesterday and overheard a mom telling her son to get off the couch and go outside and play, that it was a beautiful day!

I never had this problem with my boys, thank goodness, they were and still are outside whenever possible. Even in the dead of winter, they will figure something out to burn off energy outside.

How many of us wore bread sacks on our feet, just so we could go outside and play in the snow? And how many moms do this now? The electronic babysitter has taken the place of good exercise with fun attached.

5. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Well, while we were hurting for dollars now and again while I was growing up, I don;t recall ever having to whip out a pair of wonder bread wrappers to go out and play in the snow. There were always winter boots. And since I was the oldest one, I got the new boots and the others got to wear my hand me downs. It's sweet being the eldest, until you get older and realize that you will probably die first!!!

6. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    LOL Mom made us wear the bread sacks in our boots, to keep our socks dry! ROFL I guess I wasn't very clear in my post, I'm sure you have a mental picture of my wonderfeet in the snow! :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

We waded through some pretty deep snow when we were kids. I remember building tunnels one year, the blizzard of '76. Man was that fun! 40 some inches of snow, made for a super fun day building igloos and tunnels.

7. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Lucky bugger! I was the last of six, so I was the one left wearing the hand-me-downs... :biggrin_2559:

8. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Oh well, you can dance on their graves....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.