SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I can honestly say I have never had problems with miles at this company and I don't think you will talk to many drivers that do. Our owner will tell you himself sitting trucks don't make money! I am almost always pre-planned on another load long before I get to my delivery. Now granted that's not always a good thing. Because sometimes it puts you in a squeeze. But I much rather deal with that than sitting around waiting for a load like I did at Beacon. Also unlike other companies I have worked for. We do not pay for partial trips. Cut off for payday is 12 noon Friday. You will be paid for any trips that you have scanned in up until that time. Your miles will not cut off in the middle of a trip. You will never be paid for half of a trip. This sometimes results in big check little check. Some people may not like that but as long as I get paid it doesn't really bother me. I just get it the next week.

Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian76

Brian76 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I worked there back in 2015 and I’m coming back at the end of the month. I never should of left. It was a great experience and I’m looking forward to coming back and never leaving. Plus those Volvo’s are top notch.

tank4life and smurf-316 Thank this.
  4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I will have been here one year next month. And during that year I have talked to ONE driver who did not like it here. That driver left SAV about 2 months ago and is now trying to come back. SAV is not a huge company. We have about 110 trucks. We do not hire a lot. Because most of our drivers tend to stay. We don't have massive benefits packages and bonuses like some of the big companies. But those things don't make a great company to work for. When you ask to come home. You WILL come home. As long as you give them 7 days notice. They ask that you stay out two weeks. If you choose to stay out longer that's fine also. Sometimes I stay out 3 weeks and sometimes I stay out 5. 9 cents per mile per diem. The mileage is very consistent. All the trucks are brand new. Most of the trailers are brand new Hyundai High Cube. We do have some POS Vanguard trailers that they are phasing out little by little. They are not even that strict about how many days you take off. If I'm out 3 weeks I usually go home for 4 days. Sometimes 5 days. I've never heard a word from anyone about it. I guess the best thing I can say is they simply don't do a bunch of stupid stuff like I've dealt with it other companies. You're not going to come here and make $1,500 a week. But if you want good steady consistent miles and people who leave you alone and let you do your job and have decent home time when you're supposed to. Then it's going to be hard to beat SAV.

ncmickey and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    It’s not all about the money. It’s about being happy and treated well with respect. Do they have any bonuses for monthly miles or MPGs? What did the start you out per mile?

6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I started at 42 which I think is pretty standard for them. But I got a raise in like the next month. Then I got another raise about 3 months after that. So I'm up to 45. We don't have any bonuses. I have been told that they will be implementing them in the future. Now whether that's true or not I don't know. But I would like to see some sort of bonus structure in place. Granted I work for companies that have bonuses and they were still awful. But I would like to see a safety bonus or maybe a longevity bonus or something like that.

7. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    That’s pretty good cpm for dry freight. I’ve been doing refer freight and I hate it. Too much dock time. Do they still make you get fuel at Petro and TA? Who does your PMs on the tractor?

8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    We are only allowed to fuel at Flying J and Pilot. The trucks are brand new so they're all under a bumper to bumper warranty so all PM as far as I know is done by Volvo. You call Barry and he schedules you to go into Volvo so it's in and out and not all day. I've got 30 mm on my new Volvo so I guess I'll be finding out before too long.

9. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    Thanks for the info. How many miles a week do you think you avg? Just off the top of your head no need to add up all your miles for the year...

10. Don Future Trucker

Don Future Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Greensboro North Carolina
    I agree with Smurf I've been at SAV for about 4 months now and I love it! Get pretty good miles and hometime and most of the time know my next load before deliver the load I'm under. They keep you running and leave you alone and let you work. Very great people that know you by your name

11. Don Future Trucker

Don Future Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Yeah I got that message not sure what it means exactly still learning all this stuff lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.