SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Brian76

Brian76 Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2015

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    Are you driving a Volvo or did they put you in an older freightliner right away?

4. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Very unlikely you'll go into a Freightliner. We only have about 20 of those and that's because they are through lease from Penske and have another year-and-a-half left on the lease. I can almost guarantee you would go into a Volvo. Last week there were seven new ones sitting in the yard they haven't assigned yet. Ask for miles per week it varies like any other company but I would say 2500 to 3000 is pretty average.

5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    What that will mean Don is you will be paid for more of the miles you actually drive. Lots of times a load we'll have you driving 30 40 or even 50 miles further than the quailcom says. On practical mileage you'll be closer to the actual miles you are driving which will mean more money per trip.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Another thing I will say about SAV is if you have a particular area of the country you like to run they will run you in that area. Within reason of course. They can't send you to Seattle Washington every trip. But if you tell them you like to go to Washington they will find loads for you going that way. If you've never been to the state of Maine and you want to go. Just ask. Give them a little time and they'll have you a load there. They are very good about meeting driver request.

Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    SAV is definitely the place I want to be! I talked to Meghan on Friday and I’m starting the week of Christmas. I never should of left it’s a great company and I love the out and back freight to Minnesota since I live in Minnesota. The trucks are an added bonus with drivers comfort in mind. I’ve been driving Peterbilt 579 and Kenworth T680. They are small and the fuel economy isn’t the best. I did have satellite tv in them so that was nice so I will have to look at alternatives for TV.

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

9. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    How hard is the agility test? Do you have to lift a ton of weight over your head while they monitor your blood pressure?

10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    For me it was a nightmare. But I have COPD. The hardest part for me was winding the simulated landing gear at 90 RPMs for 30 seconds twice. I also have arthritis pretty severe in my lower back which has been greatly aggravated when I was in a wreck in 2014. Stacking the 10 pallets I only got 6 of them. So in essence I failed. But they obviously didn't care cuz they hired me anyway. For someone who doesn't have a bad back or breathing problems such as myself I don't think it would be much of a big deal at all. They don't take your heart rate just the blood pressure before you start. Which I have naturally high blood pressure anyway

Bogesey and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. Brian76

Jun 26, 2015
    I wonder what they are looking for then? I used to do food service delivery. That was like 3 years ago and I’m not in the greatest shape now as I used to be. That’s what happens when you sit and drive the majority of the day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.