SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Don Future Trucker

Don Future Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Greensboro North Carolina
    They put me in an old Freightliner at first now I'm in a new Volvo.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Home on the 22nd and leaving out on the 27th. 5 day Christmas/Birthday vacation. My check will suck next Friday but I'll live.

misterG, ncmickey, Vic Firth and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Merry Christmas/ happy birthday to ya pal, enjoy your days off!

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I hope Santa was good to all you Truckers. Left the house with a load from Greensboro to Minneapolis. 1136 miles to start the week. Only bad thing is I will not be able to get it there before noon Friday. So no paycheck next Friday. But I should be over 4000 for next week. Time to use the rewards card and eat some beans and taters!! I hate Christmas!

Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    I love Christmas, as long as I don't have to be there for it :D

7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Now I have to correct my previous post. I received a call a few hours ago from SAV informing me they would not let me go to next week without a paycheck. Trips are supposed to be turned in by noon Friday in order to be paid for them the following week. However I was not going to make my delivery until around 2pm. But they informed me they would pay me anyway. Now I did not call and ask for this favor. they called me. This is the sort of thing that doesn't come across when you read a list of benefits. This is more of the same reason why I highly recommended this company to other drivers. Other companies I have worked for wouldn't do that. Much less do it without me asking. So even though I won't have a great check next Friday. 1200 miles is much better than none.

Zangief, misterG, bigred81 and 6 others Thank this.
  8. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    LOL. When I worked there (2010-2014) On a very rare occasion they’d run a print out of all trucks that went over 75. Everyone on it had to do a defensive driving class and a 3 day suspension. Did it once. Tried to keep it under 75 any time after that.

9. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC

Sounds like an alright outfit

10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Got me a load out of Davenport. Picking up going to Atlanta. They gave me a number to call the guy that would come and load me Saturday. I call this guy and he says I can't load you after 1 p.m. I called dispatch they call and argue with a guy. So couldn't get loaded Saturday and of course Monday was a holiday so our office and everything else was closed. I was extremely upset. I sit at the Iowa 80 truck stop from noon Saturday until 8:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Thankfully our lead dispatcher called me and said I am very sorry about what happened and I don't understand why they didn't load you. But we're going to pay you for Saturday and Sunday that you had to sit and you get holiday pay for Monday anyway. So I ended up making $340 to sit 3 days and watch TV. Got to reset and a shower and some pretty good food. They made it right and although I could have made more driving. It sure beats setting for free. Now I finally do have my load to Atlanta.

11. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    If it had to happen, at least you were at a decent place and not some rest area with only a vending machine. On the other hand I just sat for 43 hours at the Petro in Bordentown, NJ and it #### near drove me insane, don't think I could have done 68 and a half.

Cudos to SAV for stepping up and paying you.

Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.