SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

Iowa I believe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    So the receiver in Nashville took 4 hours to unload my truck. Or so I thought. Guy finally came outside and said you've been done for 2 hours but the guy forgot to release you from the dock with the green light. Just wonderful. So instead of going to Louisville Kentucky getting loaded today and going back to Atlanta tonight. I am stuck in Louisville because I couldn't get here in time to pick up the load. All because some dips#*% forgot to turn on the green light.

4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Stayed out for Memorial Day weekend. But going home Friday for a nice long weekend. Palestine Texas at the moment.

ncmickey, Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    So I picked up a trailer with 2 bad tires. Both of them blew within 2 minutes of each other. Love's took four and a half hours to replace them and a mud flap. So I was late for my 6 a.m. appointment Friday morning by an hour and a half. Refuse the load reschedule for Tuesday at 6 a.m. so sit at the loves and White House Tennessee from Friday until Tuesday. Fun times.

Vic Firth, Lonesome and smokey12 Thank this.
  6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Home for the 4th!
    To hell with trucking for the next 4 days!! Illegal fireworks with the family.

misterG, ncmickey, Vic Firth and 3 others Thank this.
  7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Well I must say June was a tough month. By far the worst month I've had since I've been here. One trip I had to sit at loves 4 days and another place the entire weekend. Both due to Mechanical failures. Which caused me to be late and have to reschedule. Hopefully July will be a much better month. I should end up with about 3,600 miles this week so things are looking up.

8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Started out yesterday from the rest area in Kansas. Truck started sputtering off and on. Called the Volvo downtime Center and they sent me to the TA. Both fuel filters full of algae. Thankfully it was a quick fix just change the filters and put some fuel treatment in the tanks. The last few weeks I have noticed my Volvo not wanting to change gears when I take off. I have to let off the gas then hit it again for it to change gears. Also notice it really bad when I'm backing up. It just stops and goes stops and goes. I think it's the rear main bearing in the rear end. That will not be a cheap easy fix. I'm keeping my mouth shut until I go on vacation then it can go to the Volvo dealer.

9. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    @smurf-316 Were you by chance in Elk Grove Village, IL this morning (Monday the 23rd)?

It's so rare for me to see a SAV truck the couple times I have I always wonder if it's you.

10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    No I was in New Mexico Monday.
    If you travel I-35 You should see us pretty often. We're constantly running loads to Texas from Iowa Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Lonesome and Suspect Zero Thank this.
  11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    So I guess it's time to update this thread with my latest Adventures.

Got back from my vacation at Pigeon Forge last Thursday. I dropped the truck off on the 17th at the Volvo dealer. They said it would need a new transmission. Transmissions are currently on backorder and they are estimating it will be sometime in mid September before it is ready. So the company got me a plane ticket to Minneapolis to get another truck. I am claustrophobic and once I saw where I would be sitting on the plane I said I really don't think so. So they got me a rental car and I drove from Greensboro to Minneapolis. Got a hotel in Minneapolis and going to pick up one of our old Freightliners tomorrow. So I guess the Volvo is down for the count until at least the middle of September.

smokey12, Suspect Zero and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.