SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    It's been confirmed we will be going to $0.54 per mile by fall of next year. First $0.02 raise starts October 1st. Holiday and vacation pay is also in the process of being restructured.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012

4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    3100 miles for the week. Glad to have my truck back with all the things I need. Iowa to Arizona then back up to Michigan. Then back home to North Carolina for a few days off. And to see if anything's left of my house after this hurricane.

5. POS#2

POS#2 Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Pa.
    So, been following you on this thread since the beginning and have even asked a few questions. The question I have now is, do you still think this is a good company to work for and are they still treating you good??

ncmickey Thanks this.
  6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    It's the best company I've ever worked for. Sure you will have those days. But overall I am very happy here.
    If you ask for something, They will make it happen. Car blew an engine? Need a down payment for another one? ASK! Very good chance if you've been there any length of time you will get it. Driver's mom died. SAV PAID for the funeral and takes $75 per week until it's paid back. That's some of the things they do for drivers. If you pick up a trailer with a bad tire or 2. Just stop in Love's or TA and have it replaced. No questions asked.
    Very easy to work for as long as you don't do stupid stuff.

misterG, Vic Firth, Lonesome and 3 others Thank this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I have been following as well, thanks for the updates. Are your runs strictly the eastern half if the US or do you get longer ones occasiinally out west?

8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Oh no.
    I personally don't care for the west coast. But we move quite a bit of freight to Washington and Oregon as well as some California. Quite a bit of Phoenix where I just came from. We do almost no Northeast. We have an occasional load that goes to Jersey. But they are few and far between. In almost 2 years I've never had an Northeast run. Lots of Texas lots of Arizona lots of Wisconsin and Minnesota some Georgia. A little Tennessee and Kentucky. Think Interstate 35. You'll run that quite frequently.

Vic Firth, Lonesome, POS#2 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Iowa to Texas with a Walmart drop-& hook. Can't drop until tomorrow per Walmart rules still have 41 hours on my clock but I have to sit here anyway might as well get a reset. Then I have a two-stop going to Rockford Illinois.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Merrick Pet foods Hereford TX.
    DO NOT COME HERE!! Had an appointment for 9 a.m. Sunday pick up got loaded at 11 a.m. Monday morning. They gave free pizza to everyone. But man what a pain! I talked to 2 drivers that have been waiting since Thursday!

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Iowa to Phoenix then back to Wisconsin. Now I'm running Iowa to Stockton California. Going to be a 4100 mile paycheck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.