SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    900 plus is typical.
    We don't do much of anything under 600

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Going up to Memphis with a load of beer. Then back up to Minnesota. Also got word we are going back to Freightliner next year.

misterG, Vic Firth and RoadCall Thank this.
  4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Home until Tuesday.
    Turkey day.

misterG and Vic Firth Thank this.
  5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Out of the house with a pickup in Randleman going to Burnsville MN. Upholstery so should be light.

Lonesome, Vic Firth and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  6. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Lakeville MN to Richland WA.
    Didn't have to deliver the last load. They wanted it dropped on the yard so I could grab this one. I'm sure the weather will be just lovely.

misterG and Vic Firth Thank this.
  7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I hit the yard to drop and hook for my Washington run. They put the brakes on me because my inspection expired on the 1st. Had an air leak and a small crack in the windshield on the passenger side. Also had a winter PM due. Volvo of course didn't have the fitting to fix the air leak so I had to wait an extra day. They took the Washington off of me so now I'm headed to Texas.

Lonesome and Vic Firth Thank this.
  8. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Better weather TX way anyways!

ncmickey, Vic Firth and smurf-316 Thank this.
  9. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    Hi smurf-316,

Thanks so much for creating and updating this thread. I did my training and drove for Roehl for about 3 1/2 years. They were nice people, but I eventually quit because I was having trouble with a bad hip and also because I was being sent out to the northeast part of the country a lot more than I would have liked.

For about the last 4 years, I've been driving a city bus and getting home every night. That part of the job is nice, but the people I pick up and drop off are some of the most ignorant, rude people in the entire city and it has gotten very old. I got spit on by a Somali teenager a while back and that was about the last straw.

Anyway, your experience with SAV Express sounds like what would have been an absolute dream job back when I was driving. I don't know if I will get back into it, but I live in Minnesota and your thread has really gotten me thinking.

Probably the big question I would have for you is, do you think they would consider hiring me after having been out of a truck for about 5 years, or would I have to go back to Roehl or somewhere like that for 6 months to a year before SAV would consider me? My driving record is perfect and I've never had any kind of issue with the law or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for your response, and again, thank you so much for keeping this thread going. Stay safe out there!

10. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I wish I had a definitive answer for you. But the only way to know would be e to call Megan in recruiting. If I were to guess I would say you may have to go take a refresher course at a CDL School. While this would probably be a pain it would definitely be worth the time and money as opposed to working for a company for a year that you did not want to work for. If this is the case I would try my best to do it through a community college where it would be much cheaper. But again I do not have the right answer to your question. However if you call recruiting she could tell you right away. And I could be wrong they may hire you straight to a truck.

misterG and Zangief Thank this.
  11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    My Washington load got canceled because of all the crap wrong with my truck. However all that was fixed so I ran on down to Texas and now going up with a load to Michigan.

misterG, Lonesome and ncmickey Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.