SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Got shafted 2 weekends in a row.
    CH Robinson double booked my load last weekend. Now this weekend Customs won't Release my load until Monday. It was supposed to pick up today. 948 miles to Indiana if I can ever pick it up.

misterG Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Does this happen very often?
    Did customs give you an explanation why they won't release it?

4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Freight is definitely on the down swing.
    Not having many problems with our regular customers like Hormel, Uponor and Ardent Mills. But the back hauls are another story.
    Going to weird places to pick up. I can tell they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for backhauls.

misterG Thanks this.
  5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    It's not the norm. But I notice it is happening more since Freight has went down. This one is just Customs being behind as usual. It was supposed to be cleared Friday and of course they don't work on the weekend.

misterG Thanks this.
  6. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    About what I thought. Either that or someone used the wrong colored ink on the paperwork. I see that a bit in my pics that are international, with something missing in the paperwork.

Have a great day.

LTL freight has been hit or miss lately too. Though, in the last week my company has seen a surge in deliveries, as well as shipments to pic up. Not in all sectors, but in most. The BIGGEST increase has been residential deliveries.

How long that will last is yet to be seen.

7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    We're doing great on customer deliveries. It's the back hauls that are killing us. I had an average check this past week what about 2600 miles. Don't think I'm going to do quite that well this week maybe about 2200 it looks like. As much as we all like to complain it could be worse. I know Cargo Transporters my old company has laid off 100 drivers. And there are talks that they are going to close the Charlotte yard and lay off at least another 50. I know some of us are not rolling in the cash right now. But I have been fortunate enough to make enough to live which is more than I can say for some people out there right now who are having a really hard time making ends meet. So while I may complain I am definitely thankful to still have an income.

Zangief, Vic Firth, ncmickey and 2 others Thank this.
  8. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Picked this one up and about 21:30 tonight in Eldridge Iowa going to Costco in Houston Texas.
    1160 miles but doesn't deliver until Tuesday. I'm going to have about a day and a half to watch TV I guess.

D LOOK Thanks this.
  9. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Sign of the times, Smurf. My loads are having extra time on them too. Trying to count my blessings with every load I get. Hopefully, this soon shall pass.

George

10. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Thanks for all your great info on SAV. :)

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  11. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Smurf, I talked to Meghan on Friday. I might be wanting to come onboard, but if I do, it will be because of you and all your great info you have talked about on the company. Do you get a referral bonus if I list you down as talked to? Thanks.

Zangief, JohnBoy and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.