SAV Express Minneapolis, Mn

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Jan 25, 2017.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Got to run down to Georgia.
    Delivered yesterday picked up in Alabama last night outside of Birmingham. Wiper motor went out on the way down so I had to drive through to rain storms with no wipers. That was fun. Spent half the day yesterday waiting on Love's get the motor.

Vic Firth and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Probably be down Friday and most of Saturday. I have to go to the Volvo dealer to get a A service and I noticed my truck is losing power for some strange reason. Then I have to go get two new Steer tires and a front end alignment.
    Probably about 2,300 miles for the week due to all the truck issues.

misterG, Vic Firth and D LOOK Thank this.
  4. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Been stuck at the hotel since Friday. Bad fuel injector and water pump on the truck. They've had to wait on the part. Bored out of my mind but at least I'm getting paid for it. The part came in today so hopefully I'll be rolling tomorrow.

5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    8 days at the hotel.
    Had to replace the camshaft and 2 fuel injectors. Got paid for it all but still bored. Had a load for Tennessee Friday but my truck wasn't done so they canceled it. Been one hell of a week.

misterG, JohnBoy, D LOOK and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Smurf, at least your safe someplace, and not caught up in the riots in one of the hotspots. :)

misterG, smurf-316, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  7. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    Albert Lea Minnesota to Mocksville North Carolina with my home load. Looks like I'm going to get home a day early. No complaints from me I'll take it.

8. WoodMaster2074

WoodMaster2074 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2020
    Still doing good here. first trip stayed out a full month got home a day early 4 weeks out almost 10,000 miles not to shabby went from Minnesota to texas an back had a load out of st cloud mn that went out to denver waited almost 32.5 hours at shipper waiting for the product to be made. It sucked but didn't bother me to much nothin I could do about that but wait. Trucks running good have to get new batteries other than that no complaints. Not tryin to jinx anything but so far so good miles, loads, dispatch , maintnence, I'm happy so far

9. ManOfGod1985

ManOfGod1985 Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Greetings to you Woodmaster2074. I start Orientation on the 8th of this Month. Excited about my new Home with you guys. Will stay in contact. Looking forward to seeing you Around.

Lonesome and nikmirbre Thank this.
  10. WoodMaster2074

WoodMaster2074 Bobtail Member

May 12, 2020
    welcome man of god. if you have any questions you can ask me or smurf. smurf has been with sav for awhile so he is the one you should ask first or megan if you have any questions so far. my miles have been very good cant complain, equipment is very well maintained we run volvo 780's the newer volvo 860's and some cascadias. we pull dry van freight we run south southeast midwest some northwest and some southwest alot of texas. the farthest east we go is ohio very rarley will we go out to pa but thats once in a rare while. they like to load you out of mn wi and iowa then get you a backhaul returning to the midwest (mn wi or ia) most of the questions and info you may be looking for are on this forum, or you can ask smurf. once again welcome to sav.

smurf-316 Thanks this.
  11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    On my way home for a week off.
    Vacation time is starting to add up so I need to use some of it. Had a few drivers getting fired the last two weeks due to HOS violations. Basically doing dumb stuff like driving 45 minutes past their clocks. So I think we do have some openings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.