Scam company TALLGRASS CARRIERS/TALLGRASS FREIGHT CO

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by roadstarexp, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Freight411

Freight411 Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Anywhere the sun shines
    Hahaha. I don't mean to laugh at you but did you call the receiver and schedule the appointment like you were supposed to? A lot of times the broker puts notes like that on the rate con and then dispatch fails to relay the message. That's happened to me before. No reason why the driver shouldn't get a copy of the rate con from dispatch unless they're purposely trying to hide how much they're getting paid for the load. I don't expect the brokers to tell me what their customers pay them but I would like to know what the broker is paying me to haul the load.

Sounds to me like your dispatcher dropped the ball. When in doubt, always double check to see if an appointment is required for pick up or delivery and if it's been set. If you don't then you only have yourself to blame when things like this happen to you. In this case, I don't see how the broker is scamming you on anything. LOL

2. Freight411

Dec 5, 2015
    Anywhere the sun shines
    What does that matter at all?

3. Freight411

Dec 5, 2015
    Anywhere the sun shines
    Sounds to me like your bad mouthing these guys for something you should have done. Why is everyone trying to pass the buck? Take some responsibility!

4. Freight411

Dec 5, 2015
    Anywhere the sun shines
    I love these forums. I know some people have legit gripes but what you're doing here ROADSTAREXP is bad mouthing a company for what could have been a simple misunderstanding. Quit griping about the fact that YOU forgot to call the receiver and schedule the appointment and now want the broker to pay you for your mistake. Grow up and go find another load. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone was on here or another forum bad mouthing you because I'm sure that shippers and brokers have forums of their own where they warn each other of bad carrier and drivers!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2019
    Reason for edit: Insult.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, we found the Tallgrass employee....
    Did you miss the fact he was told it was a pickup and delivery? Anytime before 5?

6. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Many of the members of this forum like to know exactly what company is being discussed so they can look up the company on SAFERWEB or just because they want to know.

As has been pointed out, the OP subsequently added the information both via edit of the original post and with an additional post.

deathB4decaf, Lonesome and 6wheeler Thank this.
  7. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Go back and read it again. The receiver refused to unload a same day delivery, straight through.

That's a layover in the industry at a very least.

Lonesome, ZVar and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This is especially true if you have multiple companies using the same name,albeit a different DOT/MC number or address.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  9. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    We have irrefutable evidence of this and are dealing with it appropriately.

Here is one piece of the puzzle that I can share with the masses. For obvious reasons, I won't share everything we know.

It comes from a thread in our Brokers section.

Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

6wheeler and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, maybe, just maybe, having a stated location might save someone else from signing up with them. Perhaps there are 2 companies with the same name. You seem to have all the answers, are you a desk jockey for them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.