Scheduled Forum Maintenance: Saturday, March 18th

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Admin, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    IMG_1362.PNG
    What's the red x thingy mean....?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    Edit: Almost forgot, yes this is new after update.
    Edit2: First time trying to edit a post, and it did the same. When I hit "Save Changes" it showed quick pop-up in top right, nothing happened. When button came back to blue, I hit again and worked second time.

PC. Win 10 and using Chrome fully updated. Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit)

No error. Just see something pop up in top right corner of screen, but too fast to see what it is. The "Post Reply" button goes grey for a few seconds as if something is processing, then back to full blue and I can press again, but post doesn't show. So I hit "More Options" button and post from there, works instantly. I've tried going out and back into the thread thinking maybe it just wasn't showing me the new post like is used to, but that's not it. The post just isn't there unless I go through the "More Options..." option.

Admin Thanks this.
  4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Works ok in Chrome
    Still not saving password in Safari
    Id rather not use Chrome, so I hope there is a fix

bullhaulerswife and Admin Thank this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I see that thing pop up in the upper right corner of my screen. It appears to be something indicating an attempt at loading. I get it most often when I try to post a smiley, or hit the thanks button. I've just waited to see what it would do, and sometimes it eventually loads what I want it to, and sometimes it just stops running, without loading.
    However, I don't believe this is a problem with the forum update, as I've been experiencing some nutty things going on for some time now. I've had my computer in to the shop to be cleaned and checked, everything is ok, or so I'm told. I'm a TDS (read that tedious,) customer and use TDS for phone, cable tv and internet. I've had the modem replaced twice now. And frankly, I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Duurtipoker and Admin Thank this.
  6. Admin

Admin TTR Forum Owner Staff Member Administrator

Apr 6, 2009
    It means the image can't be found. It usually happens when someone links to images on other sites, and then content is deleted, moved, or otherwise blocked.
    Well, good guess, that's what I was asking for. I'll look into this some more.

Edit: I think you're just clicking a different 'New Post' link then before, and maybe that's a brain fart or maybe it's something that the style designers mixed up when they were putting the pieces back together. If you click this link, I bet you'll see your own posts again:
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/find-new/posts?recent=1

upload_2017-3-23_23-28-58.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Big Don and Cat sdp Thank this.
  7. Admin

Apr 6, 2009
    This is going to be frustrating to hear, but what it means is that you have some sort of cookie storage or caching issue related to your Safari browser. Emphasis on "your," unfortunately. Or fortunately, because otherwise there'd be a lot of other Safari users having this issue.

You might do a Google search about how to reset your Safari cookies, cache, or reinstalling Safari.

8. Admin

Apr 6, 2009
    Good info, thanks. I'll look into this some more.

9. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I figured it out. Thanks anyways.

Admin Thanks this.
  10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Landscape

IMG_1384.PNG

It drops the new posts on the top row this way... that's the issue.

IMG_1385.PNG

11. Admin

Apr 6, 2009
    Nice, good work. Can you tell me what you did to solve it so I can pass that information along to the next person who has this issue?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.