Schneider Achieved Near Zero Cargo Thefts In 2016

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by rickybobby, Oct 2, 2017.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    GREEN BAY, Wis.(Aug. 31, 2017) - At its core, transportation is safely and securely moving a product from point A to point B. Schneider, a premier transportation and logistics provider, is a proven expert in meeting shippers' expectations. The carrier, which moved more than 3 million loads throughout the course of last year, is proud to announce that it achieved 99.9999 percent theft-free loads in 2016.

For maximum security, Schneider incorporates a layered security approach with both carrier and shipper working together from beginning to end for truckload and intermodal moves. Multiple technologies, procedures and training provide a multilayered effect that strengthens the supply chain and achieves near-zero cargo theft results. A diligent approach to security at Schneider takes the gaps out of theft prevention, so cargo is protected at every phase.

'While we employ various technologies and processes to keep freight safe, our best assets are our careful and observant drivers behind the wheel of every load,' noted Dave Geyer, senior vice president and general manager of Van Truckload for Schneider. 'Schneider drivers' skill sets are kept sharp through thorough theft-prevention training, both during drivers' onboarding and in quarterly training sessions. We also keep our drivers updated on the locations and types of thefts that are occurring industrywide.'

Data from CargoNet, the leading cargo theft prevention and recovery company, indicates that a 99.9999 percent rate of theft-free loads is a great accomplishment.

'It's clear that Schneider places a strong emphasis on security, and they continue to lead by example with their approach,' notes Anthony Canale, general manager at CargoNet. 'Schneider's dependable reputation and its extensive understanding of the importance of putting in layers to ensure a 360-degree approach is a sign of its commitment to securing its customers freight. We are honored to be a part of Schneider's continued success.'

According to CargoNet's annual theft trend analysis, the value of loads lost increased in 2016. Last year, the industry as a whole suffered 864 cargo theft incidents, averaging $203,913 per lost load.

Other key takeaways from the report released by CargoNet include:

• Food and beverage items were once again the most stolen commodity, equaling 26 percent of all incidents (alcohol was the most commonly stolen cargo in this category)
    • The next highest category, electronics, accounted for 15 percent of stolen items, up from 13 percent in 2015, and was also the costliest category, with lost loads averaging $298,936 in value
    • Thefts most often occurred on Fridays and Saturdays and were most likely to be reported on Mondays
    For more information about Schneider's commitment to keeping freight as safe and secure as possible, please visit https://schneider.com/our-services/high-value-time-sensitive. For a white paper on freight theft prevention, visit Schneider's Knowledge Hub.

About Schneider

Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Offering one of the broadest portfolios in the industry, Schneider's solutions include Regional and Long-Haul Truckload, Expedited, Dedicated, Bulk, Intermodal, Final Mile, LTL, Brokerage, Warehousing, Supply Chain Management and Port Logistics.

A $4 billion company (2016 revenue), Schneider has been delivering superior customer experiences and safely getting it done for over 80 years. For more information about Schneider, visit www.schneider.com or follow on Twitter: @WeAreSchneider.

About CargoNet

A division of the Verisk Crime Analytics unit at Verisk Analytics, CargoNet® helps prevent cargo theft and improve recovery rates through secure information sharing among theft victims, their business partners and law enforcement. CargoNet is centered on a national database and information sharing system managed by crime analysts and subject matter experts. By applying a synchronized, layered approach, CargoNet exploits the weaknesses of cargo thieves at multiple points, offering a theft alert system as well as task force and investigations

http://bestsellermagazine.com/news/Schneider-achieved-near-zero-cargo-thefts-in-2016

SingingWolf Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    "Key technologies " I.e. a seal and a pad lock.

I had 1 gripe in orientation in regards to security. They claimed that a load with a seal is less likely to be stolen than a load without one. "Because it then becomes a federal offense."

I don't know how many criminals they know but I grew up in a bad neighborhood and can say with certainty that it doesn't make a difference. If they want in they'll GO in.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wait, breaking a piece of plastic makes it a federal offense? News to me. It can change the nature of the charge (ie the difference between shoplifting and passing stock out the back door), but creating federal charges? Please.

TennMan Thanks this.
  5. SingingWolf

SingingWolf Heavy Load Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Steubenville, OH
    That's what they say.

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    They also say it's our policies that prevent theft not the fact that we mainly haul paper, paper products, scrap paper, anf other low theft goods.

Canned Spam, 91B20H8, cujo57 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    They ain’t telling about all the furniture that’s been coming up missing from the CA terminal that they now own lol
    (Watkins Shepard)

8. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    How are you making out, with the switch?

9. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I left the first of July, and went to work for one of their competitors. Just to much stupid stuff changing, and they are on the verge of making a lot of small home delivery terminals which takes stops away from the drivers. Cause we didn’t get paid stop pay for terminals. So it was time for me to go. From talking to friends still there, that small company family atmosphere we were use to is gone.
    Watkins Shepard was very good to me. I actually had fun working there. But Schneider messed that up.

91B20H8 and TennMan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.