Schneider again...

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Clara3, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    When i started with Schneider almost a year ago, i was the same weight (BMI) with same neck circumference measurement. I had my DOT physical last week (i have to go yearly because of my antidepressant), now i need a sleep study to check for apnea. They'll take anyone on, but when they have a hold of you they change theirtune? Naturally, this recent clinic visit was one of "theirs" whereas the place i went last year for a physical was not "theirs". My BMI is over the threshold, i get that, but my neck circumference is well below guidelines and i don't have sleep issues or wake issues during the day. What gain could Schneider get from this? I don't understand. Giving this clinic/company business? Do they have the same stockholders? I don't understand. I guess the worse thing here, for me, is that Schneider doesn't pay me enough to afford health insurance. I only have cdl protection, life and dental insurances. These are all i can afford. In 2019 i made 20,000$ gross but i work A LOT and "donate" A LOT of (free to Schneider) time to Schneider. $20,000 before taxes for 75,000 miles driven? I don't understand. People suggest finding another company, but I'm still a few weeks away from driving for only 1 year. What GOOD company would hire a new driver. I love driving, I'm getting tired of being used...

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Well, sleep apnea is big money I am certain some these carriers are getting kickbacks sending people there.
    Known one guy small built they by small 5'8 120 lbs said he had sleep apnea he went to his actual doctor and he said no he doesn't so tell me who you gonna listen to there doc trying sell you something or a doc who cares for your interest. People need to understand hospitals, clinics are a business personally I would go to another doctor and tell Schnieder off but that's just me I have walked away from much better deals than anything Schnieder could off me.

4. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019

5. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Coming from a background of many years in healthcare myself, I would definitely agree that Schneider is getting some type of kickback 4 this whole sleep study and sleep apnea, supposedly, thing. With that said, and taking into consideration that even if I don't have sleep apnea, but their clinic will happily say that I do, I think that it is in my best interest to have the sleep study done outside of their network if you will. When I called earlier to the company that they go through for. Physical scheduling and sleep study scheduling, I quickly realized that Schneider and this occupational Clinic are in cahoots with each other. Everything that was explained to me, sounded Shady to say the least. Yes, I'm glad I brought this up on truckers report because no I feel more firmly that it is in my best interest to not use their Clinic for my sleep study that I don't need. Thank you for your input. It's always helpful when for more than one person tries to find out the solution to a problem :)

oldrooknWV and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    With a years experience and a good driving record you could go almost anywhere and get a heck of a better job. Tell Schneider to F off.

alds, bigblue19 and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    $20,000 grossfor 75,000 miles? You stuck with it longed that I would have. I would find a new company asap and the get a DOt physical. You can go to a different DOT doctor as long as you give the exact same info to the second one as you did to the first.

8. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    But I've already had the deal T physical couple weeks ago with one of Schneider's clinics that they do business with I guess you could call it

9. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019

10. CaliTrucker1982

CaliTrucker1982 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2020
    California
    So you would not recommend them as a first company then? I take that as a no

Clara3 Thanks this.
  11. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Not unless you absolutely have to. As in you need them to pay for your cdl training and no one else will (all of these mega carriers will though and some smaller companies as well). I'd avoid them at all cost of you're able. It's been a very negative experience. And out of the 15 in my orientation, I'm the only one stop with Schneider and it hasn't even been a year yet. The others have been gone for some time now actually. I've heard better things about Heartland Express and that's about it for mega carriers. Good luck to you and i truly hope your first year experience will be much better than mine. If you enjoy it, however, hang in there. I'm confident that my skills and work ethic will reward me one day. Stay strong and positive and work honestly, safely and diligently and hopefully this will bring you luck one day as well :)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.