Schneider and Swift must be hiring illiterate drivers.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cornbinder_King, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    I thought this was a joke, until I saw someone ask if Knight is going to do this. What is the "punishment" if they don't stop? Couldn't believe it says to use ditch to go around. You know their trailer is going to be all kinds of stuck on that.. how are they still able to drive the roads?

OPUS 7, Rusty Trawler and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'd call it a safe bet that your first instinct was correct. :)

Piecrumbs and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If there is a sign that says "Road Closed Ahead", do you drive down there anyway just to see if it is? How about when you go to the store, and the sign says "Closed", do you try to push it open anyway(and run into the glass with your face)? Closed means NOT Open. Knowing Oregon, I am surprised they don't post DOT cops at closed scales and start giving Level 1's to anyone who "volunteers" by not reading the closed sign and pull in.

5. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    SMH!! Yep I fell for it, it did sound that way..
    Mack-E-6, I'm trying to think of something good to say back, all my mind keeps going to is that I believed It

OPUS 7, Rusty Trawler and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  6. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Goodness gracious, guess I need to explain this a little further. Thought it was pretty obvious, but apparently not. What I was getting at in my OP was...going into a scale when you're not sure if it's open or not isn't a big deal. It doesn't mean you're a noob or rookie or whatever else...it just means that they aren't sure and are deciding to play it safe. Maybe they didn't see a "closed" sign. Maybe their prepass didn't go off or they got a red light. Have you ever been unsure of anything and decided to be extra cautious until you were 100% sure about it? Judging by your smart ### reply, I'd guess you're the type that thinks you're perfect in every way and are in a position to laugh at everyone elses mistakes. Sound about right?

7. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    I honestly don't see the problem with this. I've seen several different scales where one sign says closed and the next sign says open even while they are both in sight. The EB 80 NJ scale is notorious for leaving one on and they are controlled independently at least at that site. If I don't know what they want me to do, I'm going in.

Mind you, Schneider ditched Prepass for Drivewyze not 2 weeks ago. It took a full week for my prepass transponder to deactivate. The driver could've had conflicting signals between the two devices and played it safe. That or it very well could have been two idiots not paying attention and what you saw was the monkey see monkey do effect. That is certainly a possibility. Couldve been checking if the scale allowed parking. Who knows but as long as they're not busting through any locked gates, I just don't see the issue nor why it affects you so. I see drivers doing this all the time. Megas and big fancy hoods. Why? I don't know and don't really care.

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We have Bestpass which is 'suppose' to work with all transponder based scale bypass systems, but I have always gotten a red light in OR (open or closed scales). The company turned on the Drivewyze tab on the Peoplenet, but never activated it. I had Drivewyze on my phone for a trial period before coming to this company, but there weren't enough states I travel thru that used it at the time, so I kept my Prepass.

Rusty Trawler and AM14 Thank this.
  9. AM14

AM14 Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Jefferson Twp. NJ
    This Drivewyze sucks. I'm having to pull into scales that I always bypassed with Prepass because they arent all drivewyze sites. For example, the Hubbard, OH scale is not equipped yet the Lodi scale up the road is. I run a dedicated lane and could just about bank on when I needed to go in or not. Now who knows.

10. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    I got pulled over for bypassing a closed scale in VA. The circus show was about to start when he told me to turn around and go through the scale again. Luckily, I have a dash cam! And the dash cam showed the sign "closed". So I was let go, and 5 minutes of my time was wasted.

11. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    LMAO!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.