Schneider Bulk/Tanker Regional

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Jewellwjd, Jul 31, 2018.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    There is no estimated gross. Its OTR trucking. You'll have high weeks and low weeks. Every terminal has different freight lanes they work on and Everyone works to a different capacity in which they at, and also different levels of ability to learn and use use what they learned. Focus on learning every single thing you can to be an efficient and safe tanker driver. Lousiana has a very heavy chemical market. Get your experience in and keep your record clean and you'll have alot of options to explore in a year or 2. Superior has a really good terminal in St. gabriel and there are several other companies in that same area, but they require experience.
    If they are guaranteeing you 1650 miles a week at .51cpm, then plan on your check ing being $841.50 per week. this is just your mileage rate. this doesnt include your loading/unloading pay, detention pay, ect, which can quickly pad your check quite nicely. This way everything you make after $841.50 is a nice "bonus" per se. Thats really all I can offer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jewellwjd

Jewellwjd Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2018

Thank you !

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. xxxHAZMATxxx

xxxHAZMATxxx Bobtail Member

May 16, 2018

5. nomikona

nomikona Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2018
    What's sni's starting cpm for inexperienced drivers ?

6. xxxHAZMATxxx

xxxHAZMATxxx Bobtail Member

May 16, 2018
    Check here.

7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    that equals 80%. its 20, 20 , 20, 40....

8. NewHaul2018

NewHaul2018 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2018
    I was an OTR bulk driver for Schneider. My largest check from them was less than $1400 net and it included one of the $1200 bonus distributions in it. My average was around $600 /week net. They just didn’t have the work for me. My experience may not be that of the other drivers, but I met more than a few drivers in bulk that complained of the same issue. The usual suspects were equipment issues (wonky hydropac, or mechanical issues with truck that forced down time), mechanical issues with trailers (they are old and beat to crap), long waits between a finished load and your next pre assignment and failure to assign loads with less than 20 hours remaining on your 70 hour clock. I never saw a week that even came close to 1800-2k miles that the recruiter talked about. If you’re willing to stick it out for a year and you want to continue to haul bulk, there are other carriers that will offer you a great deal more once you have the experience. I don’t agree with the premise that a new driver should have to suffer and scrape by their first year to be worthy of being treated well and earn a living wage. I came to trucking from the Tech industry and if any tech company treated their labor force the way most of these large cariers treat their employees, they wouldn’t be able to hire a single person. For some reason truckers just seem to take it. It puzzles me.

drvrtech77 and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.