Schneider Dedicated Fleet

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Sejodiren, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Sejodiren

Sejodiren Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Can anyone tell me what working for Schneider Dedicated is like.....pay in particular.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

each dedicated account has its own pay scale, and the work is all account dependent. walmart account you run from the dc to the stores and maby a back haul to the dc i run chrysler and have a set run from plant to plant each one is different. if you are intrested a recruiter could fill you in on the speciffics of the account your looking at or contact the dbl of the account if you all ready work for sni

4. CBTrucker

CBTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    dayton,ohio
    Hi,
    This is our first post. All help is appreciated. :smt100
    1 If you are interested in dedicated runs and that is what you sign up for our the true to their word to make sure thats what you get?
    2 We live in Ohio where would the training be held?
    3 When the put you up for training do you share a room with another who is going through training?:dontknow: I've heard on here that some companies do that.
    4 Are they strict with the 6 months before you can have a rider and what about pets? :smt117
    5 :scratch:Is it true they do not let you earn more than $500. a month for so many weeks?
    Thank so much to all for you help. I have been on here for months researching through the maze of trucking companies.

It is important that my husband has the home time for reasons I won't go into. There just doesn't seem to be any other decent jobs out there.
    The company he worked for for 25yrs 5-6 years to retire. They ended up being bought out and then moved out of state without offering anyone but management to go. Life has not been the same since. I know their are so many families out their with similar stories. :smt005

I'm not sure who mentioned Secuirty Guard on here. Well that is what my husband is doing for $8.00 an hour no benefits (first company was $7.00). The most I've seen in that field is $12.00 an hour but you are on call 24 hour a day and flex shift! :banghead:
    We are looking forward to better days ahead and are hoping this is what will make them brighter. :flower:
    You know before I close her I just want to say I love this sight. I am sure most everyone out there feels they are doing a service participating on here. :hello1:

5. OhioTruckin

OhioTruckin Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Cleveland, OH
    (3) Unless you pay for your own hotel room (you do get a discount through Schneider, though) you have to room with another trainee.
    (4) They do not allow pets.
    (5) "You do not get paid during the 14-day training program. Upon graduation, you begin the next phase of training and receive $350 per week for up to 3 weeks. Once on your own, you will receive mileage pay."
    If you haven't already, check out Schneider's website. (GOOGLE WEBSITE)

6. CBTrucker

CBTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2008
    dayton,ohio
    Thank for your input. I did check out their site. Its just after reading on here you hear things and that brings up things they may not address.
    I couldn't find on their site about pets so its nice to know where they stand on that.
    I did read on here that after your training that they only pay you 500.00 a week for so many weeks after that. I might if misunderstood the post. I hope that that may be a minumum base pay.
    Thanks again

7. OhioTruckin

OhioTruckin Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Cleveland, OH
    I emailed them about their pet policy because I couldn't find anything on their website either about it, and that's what they told me.

Hmm...you know, now that I'm re-reading it that 500 dollars thing seems vaguely familiar. Who knows though, after so much company information it all just seems to run together. Haha. There's a few Schneider trainees and employees around here, so hopefully they'll make there way around to this post and be able to give you a little more help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.