Schneider (edwardsville)

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dragondriver2020, Feb 5, 2021.

1. dragondriver2020

dragondriver2020 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    I agree to a point if they tell you to go somewhere thats your job, and i did my part shut her down and called for service and they cancelled my call And thats why i returned it and left.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I’ve heard multiple drivers make negative comments about George in Edwardsville when I was working there and that was 6-10 years ago.

dragondriver2020 Thanks this.
  4. dragondriver2020

dragondriver2020 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2021
    Yeah hes somethin else. Just want a decent place to work is all

5. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    One of the lowest in the industry. And supposedly they just had increases. I love the quate in their job posting's about "potential" detention, layover, breakdown pay. Oh, and don't forget..you're not taking your assigned truck home for hometime if you live "within" 50 miles of a terminal...lmao.

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    WRONG!!!

It applies to ANY job. There are NUMEROUS trucking companies that have been sued and forced to pay back wages.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    I LOVE THE NEW DRIVERS THEY SUE AND WIN ....ITS TIME TO CHANGE THE PAY...NO CPM ...HR ONLY MINIMUM 100K A YR

haz-matguru Thanks this.
  8. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Never mind

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Frank, you need a good strong dose of A+
    And you're a pretty smart bat, I'm surprised you're not aware of the exemption that the trucking folks cut out when they passed the minimum wage laws.....specifically,

Section 13(b)(1) of the FLSA provides an overtime exemption for employees who are within the authority of the Secretary of Transportation to establish qualifications and maximum hours of service pursuant to Section 204 of the Motor Carrier Act of 1935, except those employees covered by the small vehicle exception described below.

Thus, the 13(b)(1) overtime exemption applies to employees who are:

1. Employed by a motor carrier or motor private carrier, as defined in 49 U.S.C. Section 13102 (see Employer below);
    2. Drivers, driver’s helpers, loaders, or mechanics whose duties affect the safety of operation of motor vehicles in transportation on public highways in interstate or foreign commerce (see Employee Duties below); and
    3. Not covered by the small vehicle exception (see Small Vehicle Exception below).
    Fact Sheet #19: The Motor Carrier Exemption under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) | U.S. Department of Labor

gentleroger Thanks this.
  10. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    That is an overtime exemption. Does it also cover minimum wage? Can your pay come out to less than $7.25/hr for the total hours worked?

11. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    That has nothing to do with minimum wage. There are a myriad of trucking companies that have had class action suits brought against them and lost because they were caught paying less than minimum wage.

One comes to mind right off the bat (see what I did there). May Trucking used to pay their students $60.00 a day. Based on the hours they were logging, a lot of them (because the trainers were running like a team) weren’t making minimum wage.

A class action law suit was brought against them. They ended up having to pay back wages to all of the affected drivers plus, of course, fines, legal fees, etc...

That was maybe 8-10 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.