Schneider is now getting into food grade tankers

Discussion in 'Other News' started by drvrtech77, Mar 22, 2023.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    As a former driver in their fleet (but not in tanker)....I shall refrain from making any "Schneid" remarks....on this topic.

Instead....I just got "wise-errrrrr"....and left....:p :D

-- Lual

mjd4277, Tadakatsu, JoeyJunk and 5 others Thank this.
  4. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Might wanna remember Schneider start hauling milk
    Many many moons ago

bzinger and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  5. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    What about kag for food grade? (My list is foodliner, oakley, Indian River)...

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    @RussianBearTruckeR --

If you have no previous tanker experience...I would whittle down your list (above) to either KAG, or Foodliner.

I have been through Oakley's tanker program; it's NOOOOT a good place to start out in tankers.....:rolleyes:

KAG is a different animal from the others you've mentioned. It's truly a "mega-carrier"....think of it kinda like you would Swift--but 99% of their fleet is tank trailers. The others in your list are (by comparison) "one-trick ponies".

Honestly...you should also think of KAG....as a collection of terminals, and each terminal is its own little "kingdom". Your first experience with KAG is pretty much dependent on how good (or not) your assigned "kingdom" is run/managed.

Somewhere else here on the Forum, another driver recently posted what his experiences with KAG's food group was like. He had very positive things to say (I really don't think he was a recruiter--& he hasn't been back, as far as I can tell).

His basic feedback was....that KAG has many different food accounts...and it's surprising how well some of those accounts pay a driver, for non-hazmat tanker duty.

What's really cool about KAG....that gets mostly overlooked...is you can try out different areas/types of tanker duty....without really changing employers. Another way to look at KAG--it's kind of a "super buffet" of the tanker world.

My suggestion: Go ahead--& give KAG a try. If you don't like what you get--just request a transfer to another food account--or even a different type of tanker freight. Play your cards right--and you'll land a gig with a manager you actually like (just maybe--or maybe not--on the first try).

Not so long ago--I was part of a mega-carrier fleet. In case you haven't already been there--that's actually a pretty darn good place to be, when times get tough. :thumbright:

-- Lual

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    They also started hauling crude oil and frac sand. But that didn't last very long.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  8. NH Guy

NH Guy Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2023
    I think theyre pulling water tankers for nestle too

The Green Mountain Thanks this.
  9. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    LOL I remember couple other Megas
    down around Catulla for awhile none of em lasted long....
    But Schneider’s milk tankers lasted a very long time

Down at the Pa plant....every NE carrier you can think of is trying to get drivers to yank tanks for Nestles:eek:

JoeyJunk and RockinChair Thank this.
  10. The Green Mountain

The Green Mountain Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2022
    Maine
    Yup. Working alongside the Poland Spring private fleet, RC Moore, Bison (Hartt / Pottles), Brown Dog & Treeline.

Source: Maine resident (ex-Moore h2o tank-yanker).

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  11. ImaTurtle

ImaTurtle Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2017

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.