Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2005.

1. MilwaukeeTrucker

MilwaukeeTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Fort Worth,TX
    Our class had about 20 new drivers only 1 went out right away

Moe Rhonic Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moe Rhonic

Moe Rhonic Light Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Des Plaines, Il
    ::sigh:: ok, thanks!

4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    freight is king, unless the load runs close to the house , you go to it.The TE wont be going out of route to pick up a trainee.

Dont sweat it. You should get reimbursed for expenses(I think) for travel to and from. I woud ask your recruiter about that one though.

5. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

I haven't really been following this thread lately...just scanned the last few pages. Im also not with SNI anymore as Im a garbage dude locally.

As far as BP...when I was training in Fontana...they had us do a medical thing down there AT the OC. They had an ergonomics company come in and you had to do various physical tests and then they would check your pulse after each one. If your pulse was too high at any point (they factor in some numbers based on your age I believe)...you were let go and sent home. Don't take any caffeine on this day as this raises your BP and pulse.

Also...as far as what happens after training...it all depends on what you are going to do. If you are simply going to be a regular OTR driver, then you will be placed with a TE there in Green Bay, otherwise you will be sent to them via a rental car or Greyhound. SNI sent me on a greyhound to Fontana...and then from there to Colorado where I did my OTR training which was on a dedicated account. When i was done with that (four days later, lol)...I was tossed into a rental car and sent home where I started on my own route. I know that a group of my classmates also were put into a SNI van and sent to northern CA where they met up with their TE's up there.

Basically...expect the unexpected. I went down there, not knowing how long I was going to be away from home for, or how long Id be over the road. Ask what to do...you might be sent out right away...you might be sent home for a week...You might be out for a week or two...or if you are bad...you might be out longer...who knows. Talk to your DB if you can to get the scoop from them...so you both know what is going on and have a couple of plans.

Moe Rhonic Thanks this.
  6. Moe Rhonic

Moe Rhonic Light Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Des Plaines, Il
    Thanks Ziggy, good info!

7. BULLSEYE2012

BULLSEYE2012 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Des Moines
    yeah hes coming to pick me up and my team partner at the GB OC and we are leaving from here, then out for a week, then back to the GB OC but we dont know where we are getting dropped at:biggrin_25511:

8. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Any current SNI oilfield tanker drivers with the time to read this, let alone post here?

9. BULLSEYE2012

BULLSEYE2012 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Des Moines
    I am going out on monday from the GB OC and out for 5 days then back to the GB OC for the last 4 days of training. Im almost done

10. RoadCall

RoadCall Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Congrats, and good luck!

11. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    any intermodal schneider people on here? had some questions

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.