Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2005.

1. R.Rodriguez

R.Rodriguez Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Port Hueneme, CA
    I was/am going back to sni intermodal. Fire away!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. M915A4

M915A4 Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Somerset,MA
    Couple questions....first i have seen plenty of videos on youtube,schneiders website refereing to van,regional, OTR ect but hardly anything about Intermodal. Second is it a daily hometime if not how often?i live 40 miles to the rail yard here. would i be home often or? What is the rail yard training in Chicago like? Ive haven't seen any info on that particular training. i know a lot at first but dont wanna jump into something without knowing about it...

4. R.Rodriguez

R.Rodriguez Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Port Hueneme, CA
    Intermodal is very young compared to SNI's other divisions. Most of their advertising material is outdated (that's why most of their posters and such still show 2002 centurys lol). Local intermodal is home daily, two days off per week. Regional intermodal is out for five days, off for two. This is the basic model for schedules. It may vary slightly depending on the ramp you work out of. I worked and am going back to our South El Monte, CA yard (Los Angeles). I drove regional and was home fri and sat. I would take a 10 at the yard once or twice per week which allowed me to go home for the night. I don't know about the rail training in Chicago. I started before they had it and left after it just started. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions. Good luck with your choice. :biggrin_25519:

M915A4, ATruckerWidow and AfterShock Thank this.
  5. Freestyle12

Freestyle12 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Palmer Springs, VA
    Any one here trained in Charlotte. Newbee here. Thanks for letting me know what they expect and do

6. Dodgeman

Dodgeman Light Load Member

May 18, 2012
    Northeast Pa.
    I've been racking my brains looking at companies online. It's not in a toss up between Schni , Knight, and a few others that are in my area. hometime is my main concern.

7. Dodgeman

Dodgeman Light Load Member

May 18, 2012
    Northeast Pa.
    Schni, Knight, for hometime/ pay, which is better? ? who treats you better etc.

8. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

I know of at least two knight refrigerated drivers that came to SNI... So I guess it better :yes2557: SNI will get you home when you need to go, just let the dbl know ahead of time, and not a day ahead. If you're starting out you shouldn't really be looking at home time that much. Try to get on a dedicated or regional account with schneider, you might be home every day and weekends...

9. BULLSEYE2012

BULLSEYE2012 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Des Moines
    Ok ok so Ive been in Grenbay for almost 3 weeks now and I go on my own at the end of the week. totaly loving the time that Ive spend here and I am looking forward to getting my truck and heading home and spending time with the family and setting up my truck!:biggrin_25519::biggrin_25519::biggrin_25519:

10. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    I find this figure very hard to believe. My husband and I have been with Schneider for almost 5 years and without a doubt are junior to most of the drivers we have met at the OC's.

11. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    I just don't get this attitude that Schneider is "a slave labor" mill. I have been with them almost 5 years now. My husband has been a truck driver for 38 years. We bother am and both of us are pretty happy with Schneider. With his experience, he started out pretty much at top step. I had to start out at their lowest wage, naturally, but the raises came every 6 months, and at my 5 year anniversary date, I will be making the same as he. Our salaries are pretty darned commesurate with other companies. We get a pretty darned good bonus every quarter as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.