Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Anonymous, Jan 22, 2005.

1. denton

denton Light Load Member

How much are u guys bringing home a month with Schneider?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Over 5,000 here

4. BULLSEYE2012

BULLSEYE2012 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Des Moines
    KE5WDP,
    I follow you on YOUTUBE and would like to hear alittle more about the Regional part of schneider, I have just picked up my truck and am set to start tomm. after i get to St.Louis to get some things fixed on it like my Qualcom and tires, the last guy that this truck didnt take care of anything in it. The permit book was totaly out of date, let the tires go to crap and are in the worst shape Ive seen in years, and theres an air leak that leaks out in 5 hours after shutting the truck off. but anyways I just want to hear about the regional part of the company and see what your take is on it.......shout out on youtube (aamills1977)

5. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    As a husband and wife team we made about about $97,000 for tax year 2011 with Schneider.

6. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Those are some impressive numbers Dava.
    Are you company drivers or Independent Contractors (I/C)?

7. BlackLions

BlackLions Road Train Member

That number looks like company...

AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. BULLSEYE2012

BULLSEYE2012 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2012
    Des Moines
    holy cow i in my 2nd week now on the road and this is right where i should have been 10 years ago... i love driving, the mountains not so much but driving i love and im seeing things that I just saw on TV before this country is huge.... Iv had a slow start on the open road but this are really coming together now and I really like working for this company (even tho its sometimes hard to get ahold of dispatch)

Filmore Thanks this.
  9. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    We are company drivers, but I sincerely need to explain a couple of things. When I started, I ran solo for 4 months and let me tell you, I could have earned more at McDonald's~! I was on the verge of quitting when I spoke with a very experienced and helpful trainer up at the Portland OC. He explained a lot of the tips and tricks needed to enable a person to up their earning potential. The ones I can remember was to get your availability in as early as you possibly can, (early bird gets the worm and most freight was dispatched by 8:00 or 9:00 am). Another was never turn down loads, as the rotten, short loads will always turn into better ones as your DBL learns you are a "doer" not a whiner. Things have changed a bit since that advice, but I think the advice still holds water.

When you are new, your numbers will NEVER reflect the salary I cited. New drivers start out with the lowest cpm, obviously, so you HAVE to have the patience to stick with it. Raises occur with time and proof of being a good driver. In addition, solo drivers make less, simply for the fact that they earn so much less than a team driver. To encourage teaming, Schneider tacks on .05 cpm per driver. that really adds up.

My husband came aboard 4 months after I started, joining me as a team. Because he had been a trucker for 34 years, he started out at top step. We were given a Ford dedicated route. We were super lucky as it was close to home and was only 8 hours to delivery, and 8 hours back. We had it made with 4 hours or so home time each day and especially nice to be home weekends. However, although we did not make a bad income, it was not what I cited. Once we went over the road last Sept, our income levels jumped up quite a bit.

Also, we never turn down loads, we show ourselves available as soon as possible, and lastly and here is MY take on the secret....we stay out 6 weeks at a time. The reason for this is that when you are on home time, you are not earning money. Once back on the road, it almost takes a week to get yourself back into the flow the of the freight lines. And it makes our DBL happy. But honestly, it is the husband/wife teams that have the easiest time of it, as there is no one back home crying to have you come home. When we do ask for home time, we pretty much get it, and we stay at home 6+ days.

So the trade off is that you are inconvenienced, you are away from your home and family, it is a tough life to live unless you are amenable to the life style, and you really need to know this before you jump into it. Once you do jump into it, I believe you can make good money. I also can say, Schneider is a good place to work. Is it perfect, no, but what job EVER is?

AfterShock Thanks this.
  10. Dava

Dava Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Tracy, California
    Glad you are enjoying, it, Bullseye. We have always had a tough time getting a hold of 2nd and 3rd shift. Has been the bane of this company, if I were to cite their worst flaw. However, our DBL gave us a new number to call where once it is electronically answered, we input her telephone number as the code and the phone is answered in half the time. Still not good but so much better. Do you do this when you call 2nd and 3rd shift? If not, ask your DBL.

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I'm glad you told us that Dava. Schneider was outstanding when it came to gettin' me home every two weeks for two days off. The first day was spent resting and the second day was I was gettin' ready for another two weeks OTR. Runnin' team, it took me about three or four days to get so tired I could sleep through anything, --- then I was good to go for the rest of the ride. But it was rough for the first few days.

It wasn't until I went to another Big truck truckin' company after four and a half years with Schneider that I discovered the benefits of stayin' out for six to nine weeks at a time, then taking seven to ten days off in a lump. Stayin' out that long sounds as though it would be harder, but it's actually easier.
    Go figure.

YuP!
    And that's another bonus.
    One thing I didn't do while out runnin' the highways and byways, thousands of miles from the home-20 and that's inform my travel agent that I wanted to be home in a couple of days. Instead, I'd let 'em know I'd like to be headin' for the home-20 in a week to ten days. That way it gives dispatch enough time to line up good loads goin' that a-way.
    It's been my experience that when I make dispatchers happy, dispatchers makes me happy. EVERYbody's happy.
    It's a beautiful thang.
    :biggrin_255:
    WannaBees and newBees, y'all would be wise to print Dava's post and keep it handy so y'all can reference the sage advice contained within. Forget conventional thinkin'. Forget about what day of the week it is, --- after awhile they're all the same, just another day with a different name. And get the nine to five mindset outta your head. Don't try to make Big truck truckin' something that it'll never be. Accept it for what it is and learn how to work the system to your advantage. Think of the story about the mighty oak and the willow tree in a windstorm. Learn to bend and roll, --- or y'all will break.

She's correct folks. :smt045

Thanx for another outstandin' post Dava.
    :salute:
    Much appreciated.
    :smt045

Dava Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.