Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by FastFossil, Sep 14, 2005.

1. jalogging

jalogging Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2006
    i dont have address but will try to locate it you have to mail a request cant do it online and you get one copy a year free when you get it contesting and removing anything neg is hard "remember were the bad guys" in my case it was human error but went through a bunch B.S. to get it fixed

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    If you have not worked as a commercial driver to date, the likelyhood is that you will not have one.

However, the process for pulling your report is simple:

USIS/DAC Services, Inc.

4500 S. 129th East Avenue
    Suite 200
    Tulsa, OK 74134-5885

(800) 381-0645

To request a copy of your report, you will need to submit the request with a LEGIBLE copy of your driver's license and your Social Security card. If you are requesting the yearly free report entitled to all drivers, you need to state this as the reason you are requesting a copy. Otherwise, as of last check, a $9.50 fee must be submitted with the request. Unless something has changed, the request must be made by slow mail.

4. TurboTrucker

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Companies are skirting this legal sticking point by not actually completing the "processing of the application". When the rules for CDL driver employers were amended some years back, it required them to notify a driver in writing of the source of information that had led to them to decline the application. It did not require them to reveal WHAT the information was that had caused them to reject the application. It just required them to reveal where they got the information that their decision was based upon.

This caused immense grief to carriers, because due to a fear of litigation from drivers for false or improper information, carriers practically refused to divulge information to other carriers.

DAC Services came up with an answer. At one time, it had blatently written on their site the legal way to get around it, and advised to not complete the actual application process until they were sure that a driver was good to hire. Thus...if the application is not processed, no formal reason need be given for declining the application. No law says you have to process it. You just have to take it, and can file it away for six months, then file it in #13.

And what mystifies me about what has happened with these two guys, is that they claim to have no criminal backgrounds, and one has a minor accident that he disclosed with no official record of it. So what could possibly be so bad to cause Scneider to reject the applications?

How about MVR's? Do either of you guys have tickets within the last 3-5 years that may have shown up?

Understand that I do believe both of you, and yet, this is very strange and it kinda makes me wonder about what the deal is. Legal or not, this is not a decent way to treat people. Hanging up in the middle of an interview? Refusing a simple request for a reason why you are refused consideration?

The more I hear this and similar accounts like it, the less likely I am to stand behind Schneider, or to send them people to treat in such a way.

5. mm121

mm121 Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2006
    tjgosurf,

I've just got off the phone with CRST with terrific results -- I got approved for their training program. You might want to apply there too. The application URL is joincrst.com.

TurboTrucker,

I filled out the application for Crete this morning and they have already call me back and missed. I will call them back right now. I'll let you what'll come of it.

MM

6. tjgosurf

tjgosurf <strong>New Driver Helper</strong>

Feb 20, 2006
    Freaking weird, CRST called me this morning too. I weighed the situation and figured since I am not getting paid I might as well goto the mill. I am going to Paducah KY. I start Tuesday, I am not looking forward to the people in my class.

7. tjgosurf

tjgosurf <strong>New Driver Helper</strong>

Feb 20, 2006
    Well, I believe I may have found my problem. One of the companies I applied to sent me a copy of the reports they pulled. I am half tempted to get a lawyer on this, they are sending out my criminal record for when I was under 18, and they are claiming I have two speeding tickets, which ironically happened on the same day, and have the same citiation number. I hate the government. My stuff is supposed to be sealed. The FBI could not find it when I enlisted. I really hate the government.

8. TurboTrucker

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Before you hire a lawyer, try the nice approach.

Step into your local DMV and discuss the duplicate entry on your MVR. Something that obvious can probably be easily corrected.

Now...to the issue of your criminal background as a juvenile, do you have any paperwork that was issued by the Court that was worded to the effect that your record would be sealed if you met the terms of the decree?

The best way to try to deal with that, if you DO NOT have a copy of the records, would be to go to the Department within the courthouse that the case was handled, and attempt to discuss the problem with them. It may take a little time, because they may have to look up the case files to discover the terms of the Judge's decree, but if it is as you say, they may be willing to issue you a written apology to submit to concerned parties as you need to, and they will attempt to retract the record from being publicly released in the future. Explain to them that you are being denied employment because of this error.

What probably happened is that a court clerk released the file mistakenly. States, Counties and Local jurisdictions are making bucks in selling records to credit reporting agencies.

Approaching it with the premise that it was a mistake when you try to deal with them, even as upset as you are, will likely result in getting it fixed faster.

If those two things don't bring about positive results, then the alternative of hiring an Attorney to bring results may be needed.

9. RedBeard

RedBeard Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    I've been driving for them for almost 2 weeks, not counting my 4 weeks with a trainer. I started straight out of CDL school, which they put me through (standard "you must work for us for 1 year or you owe us a ton of cash for your CDL school" deal).

Last week I got a little over 2600 paid miles. They pay HHG miles, not practical route, but they pay empty the same as loaded. They run mostly Internationals, no sliding 5th wheels. I need to stop by the terminal sometime soon to get mine moved back a notch or two because I'm about 30,500 on my drives, 33,620 on my trailer tandems, and 11,950 on my steers.

Seems pretty standard, as trucking companies go. They offer the standard benefits, but the health insurance is a bit steep once you start covering dependents. They match half of your 401(k) contributions up to something like 6% of your income. Equipment maintenance is okay, but not great. They'll keep you DOT legal (usually), but other than that it's "we'll fix it when you make it through a terminal if we're not busy on something else".

I'm still enjoying myself...

10. Inprogress80

Inprogress80 Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Cleveland, Georgia
    whats the pay on 2600 miles there?

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nothing wrong with what you have there. I would suggest that you check The Rand McNally's Motor Carrier Atlas for steering axles limits, since every state is different. If you don't have one you may want to get one. I would also suggest that you check the rating on your steering tires, since some states go by this. Some states actually do limit you to 12k on a steering axle, so be careful there, although with that load you may not be running through one. Again, check your atlas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.