Schneider National Carriers - Green Bay, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by smoothoperator, Jun 16, 2005.

1. RamMan03

RamMan03 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2006

Why not let the AF pay for you to get a CDL at an approved school and then sign on with Schnider? You will still have to go out with a TE yet you will not owe Schnider anything for getting your CDL. That is what I am doing. My TA paid for most of my training at National Training in Jacksonville, FL. I have completed the corrospondence portion and now I am waiting to go to the school for three weeks of hands on training. This way I get my CDL and owe nothing to no one.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Redlight

Redlight Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I am trying to figure that out with my ED office, did you do it with GI bill? I didnt take the GI bill, but I will have 3 months terminal and trying to figure out how and who I can do through, my ed office says that at the end of the class I have to be given my CDL or the AF won't pay for it. I don't completly beleave her and was going to ask next month at my TAP how I can do it. Main reason I didn't do the Gi was someone in basic told me I had 5 mins to deside to take it or not so I said no. I am going to look into the course you metioned. Thanks!!

4. RamMan03

RamMan03 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2006

Where are you stationed? Your Ed office personnel are in the dark. I don't have the GI bill either. What we both have is $9000 we can use for a single certification. It is good for one cert up to 9000. If your cert only costs say 4500 the rest is lost. National is a VA approved training facility. You can go to their website, http://www.nationaltrainingschools.com/, and talk to a recruiter. They can tell you all you need to know. If you choose to go with them your board is free as long as you are still active duty when you go. That includes being on terminal leave. So you can start terminal and still get the free board while in school.

You must finish the course before you seperate however you don't have to have your CDL, it is not the same thing. The school prepares you for your CDL test. Passing the course is your only requirement if you use your TA cert money to take the course.

Log on to the Portal and go to the virtual education link. Make sure you have not used your cert money for any other classes. Some use it for welding or HVAC classes. If you have used it don't panic. If you think you may get any disability when you retire tell the VA you want to drive a truck and they can send you via the Vocational Rehab program.

If you have any other questions I am in the global. hodges.darrell, you can figure the rest out via the global. Good luck.

5. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Schneider has one of the best training programs out there and SNI is PTDI
    Certified too.

6. Redlight

Redlight Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I am at Geilenkirchen Germany NATO AWACS, so a very small US Air Force. My Ed office told me that they would only give $250 per credit hour just like if I was taking a normal class. I didn’t think she was right and was going to ask at my TAP brief next month. The only thing of what you and her agree on is it must be done before I separate. Also will they cover the cost of the test for the CDL I have read on the Ohio DMV I can test at a 3rd party and it will cost $350. My global is bolen.timothy. I would prefer to use my ED money, I really don’t want a company paying for my school hanging over my head. THANKS for the info I will show it to her!

7. RamMan03

RamMan03 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2006

Tim I looked you up on the global and sent you an e-mail, it kicked it back. The school meets the 250 per credit criteria. I am telling you they train a lot of retirees like us and meet the TA requirements. Check out their website. You can even e-mail them at the school.

8. Redlight

Redlight Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Don't know why it would have kicked back unless I am still showing a Ramstein E mail as well GK. How are you going to handle the test for your CDL?

9. RamMan03

RamMan03 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2006

I am stationed at Shaw AFB, SC. The Tuesday after class ends in Jacksonville the school will have a tractor and trailer at the Orangeburg, SC Dept of Motor Vehicles for all of us that attended that class from SC.

Another benifit of National is if you need to brush up on some skills you can go back for remedial training for free.

10. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    yeah ,it can be pretty stressful working like heck on this ol pc trying to educate yourself to make the best decisions possible to put yourself and your family in the best position possible in this career searching change even if you are taking a huge pay cut like a 40,000 per year pay cut to go into this field and then find out that yer not up to par with some companies ,but like everything else the real reward is overcoming what ever needs to be overcome and the real deal is driving these magnificient machines on the open road no matter what if thats what one wants to do

11. Cloud

Cloud Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2006
    Oklahoma City, Okl
    Schnieder's who i'm going with ... i'm waiting for my DOT exam now.

Should i rethink schnieder ~L~

Cloud

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.