Schneider National---Seriously Considering Van Driving then possibly a lease purchase.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by luv2fly352, Sep 28, 2017.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Or until I figure out how to enact the plot of superman iii

TennMan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Freight don't go up because of sni...rates..thats because sni manipulates the rates and don't want others to make $$..

4. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Buy an older truck, pre emission, Series 60 Detroit or Cummins N-14, preferably with a fresh in frame. You can find these trucks if you look. My buddy just picked one up for $14,000, runs great, old FLD Freightliner. Put a few bucks into the truck, make it yours. Then lease on to a small outfit and bank the money.

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Indeed......however, you won't pull for Schneider. But, a paid off truck is like friggin magic......ask me or Bobby.

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  6. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    It is, go find a mom and pop, that is who I am leased on with. The pay is well above average, freight is normally just a few skids and I get to take time off when I want. Truck is paid for, house is paid for, no credit cards and life is good. New Chevy Silverado in the drive too... Nice house too, all custom brick on acreage near Ann Arbor MI... ;-)

MarkH129 Thanks this.
  7. HorsinAround

HorsinAround Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2006
    I started with Schneider and I credit them for teaching me to drive safely. They take care of their drivers. I only left because I had a chance to drive local and be home every night and weekends. If anything changes I'll be looking to go back to Schneider.

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    In looking at companies. I have a Schneider rep. checking in with me weekly. I asked him about Schneider DG accounts. It's because a Schneider truck showed up at my DG. Very interesting reply...
    He said that if I did go to work for Schneider on DG. They would fly me out to a distribution center. I'd work three weeks over a 4 to 5 state area. Then fly me home for 5 days home time.

I thought it interesting. My interest in DG is for the exercise. I'm not kidding.

I've read that with Schneider on tankers. They would train me in Houston. I grew up there. I'd appreciate any input in tankers with Schneider.
    I admit that Schneider has many different options. It's interesting. Like Intermodal..etc.

I'm not saying I'm going with Schneider necessarily. Got some interesting prospects. Got time to decide. I start CDL school on Nov. 6th. I have 7 years experience straight truck. Licensed 50k pounds. 13 speed. Ice experience.... groan....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Does Schneider require IC's to have cameras in their trucks? Thought I heard Schneider company drivers did

10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I also see something on their website saying you can lease a truck through SFI and haul for a different carrier?

11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    SNI does not use in cab cameras.

Company drivers are getting forward facing cameras that record if there's a CI.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.