Schneider National---Seriously Considering Van Driving then possibly a lease purchase.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by luv2fly352, Sep 28, 2017.

1. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    That's correct. SFI makes no requirement that you sign onto SNI.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Hhmmmm does anyone know the list of carriers you can lease on to or does it matter?

4. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Any carrier that meets SFIs approval. Basically that means they have good insurance and didn't open their doors last week.

Landstar, Mercer, and Interstate are some off the top of my head where I've seen SFI trucks.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  5. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Yes my truck is paid for. I am now starting too do more repairs. A couple of weeks ago, I had to get towed. My ECM took a dump. With the tow, I ended up paying $4400. About 18 months ago I had to do a in frame cost me 24k. I got 4 more payments to pay off CAT. The vibration is taking a toll on my truck . Everything seems to rattle or move. Lol. When I get home. I gonna get new tires all away around. You definetly need cash save up for a used truck. I'm not oppose to a new truck. I just don't want the payment.

TennMan Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Go tanker, but a yoga mat, some stretch cords and a couple of dumb bells to get the exercise.

Family Dollar, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Dollar Dollar, Dollars R US, etc is a high risk, low reward account. Overall they make a little more than a dry van driver in the first year but statisicaly have higher accident rates, higher lost time injuries, and lower job satisfaction.

Need4Speed, WesternPlains and TennMan Thank this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    yeah, same here. Last year was really good as far as repairs go......less than $5k. This year, not so much. I'm already about $10k in and still have a couple of months to go. Oh well, it's still cheaper than making payments.

TennMan and rickybobby Thank this.
  8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think you're right. I've been doing very little physically since an accident falling on ice 2.5 years ago. Doctors did nothing for me (as usual). Finally found out it's fibromyalgia. Treating it. Recovering now. At one time I couldn't stand to sit for more than an hour. I should just work with trucking and do the best I can on health. I have other answers on diet, etc. that are exceptionally wise now. .... I'm confident there is enough room in the cab to be able to do Turkish Getup's, if I can't get out (winter). That's a great exercise. Other things too. I have all you mentioned and more.

One thing that tankers attracts me is; lack of dealing with people. I've heard it in Reefer. Dealing with dock people and half fast supposedly security people. Although I am interested in Reefer. This is one thing that attracts me to tanker. Besides better pay, etc. I wonder where Schneider runs tankers? Kinda taking it since training is in Houston. There is a bunch there. I grew up in Houston. There are no lack of tankers on the roads. Right now sounds nice to step foot in Texas again. :)
    I'm sure DG accounts have it's share of people dealing problems. Along with all you mentioned. Might be suicide trying to do DG. I've dumped trash at two DG's. I know. All the delivery guys were great. In general in trash... geesh... Get people pulling around you, when you're backing up to a dumpster. All kinds of stupid stuff they pull. And they're getting worse. I've talked about the 'Remedial Drivers' who demand you drive Remedial. Am sure you guy's know what I'm talking about.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Interstate is no more...they're heartland express now..

10. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I replied in another thread. Just hoping to catch people who frequent a thread, but not else.

Does Schneider have a pet policy? At least for OTR?
    What is the pay like for training? Tanker training lasts 5 weeks.
    I've been looking into this as best I can. Schneider has tons of opportunity in tanker, in Texas. Especially Houston. Local, Regional, Dedicated, OTR. On the OTR one can live in Houston, Freeport, Austin, San Antonio. Gives me some options to think about. It's beautiful around Austin and the hills/oak trees. Yes, am thinking of just moving. Have to sell my house. Won't be quick. Just work until I do. I grew up in Houston. I'm thinking about this. Anybody have any thoughts to help?

Need4Speed Thanks this.
  11. D00Rswingin

D00Rswingin Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Wisconsin
    That is what I think.
    I have a 2010 freightliner

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.