Schneider newbies= lack of training

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Worried Mom, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Worried Mom

Worried Mom Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Schneider gives newbies about 3 days OTR training then throws you out on your own in a clunker. I suppose because they have to pay the trainer and don't want to? How is that legal? It makes Americas highways crazy dangerous!!! Is their not a law against that because there definatly should be!!!!

Florida Girl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. southpaw2153

southpaw2153 Light Load Member

May 10, 2013
    The American public makes the highways dangerous in this country. I have seen a lot more stupidity from private vehicle drivers than I have big rig drivers. I rarely see big rig wrecks - although they do occur - but I see car and SUV wrecks all the time.

MericanMade, alds, Rctruck87 and 13 others Thank this.
  4. Worried Mom

Worried Mom Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    True, but I bet you got more than 3 days OTR training didn't ya?

5. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    I got a.pep talk from my Dad. Then he handed me the keys and said take this load to California.

6. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    Worried mom where are you getting your info from? Sounds like you have your son telling you this and he is having a hard time catching on. Whats going on? By the way I did have 3 days of training and off I went nothing happened to me.

Florida Girl and ricecakeftw Thank this.
  7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Do you read this forum ? I sometimes see 2 or 3 semi accident reports a day here and I've seen plenty on the road . I've never seen a 4 wheeler cause a bridge to collapse .

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Where are you getting that info? The student that I have right now, sitting right beside me has been on my truck 8 days already.

madog31 Thanks this.
  9. NewbiusErectus

NewbiusErectus Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Check out the FMCSA records and compare Schneider to other large carriers (who train their students for several weeks). When I trained , I split time with another trainee for 5 days with one trainer. I don't know how Schneider does it, but they pull it off and have a good record compared to companies who train much longer.

LtlAnonymous, Arial and ricecakeftw Thank this.
  10. sharecropper

sharecropper Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville NC
    When I first started you didn't need a CDL and I didn't take a road test they just gave the bill and told me I would be driving truck number 12, I ask a lot of questions before it pulled out of the yard and now I'm over 50 years and I haven't hit anything yet, came close but no noise.

11. southpaw2153

southpaw2153 Light Load Member

May 10, 2013
    So just because you don't see reports of car or SUV wrecks on this site means they don't happen as well? I stated in my comment that big rig wrecks do occur but that I see a lot more reckless driving in cars/SUV's than I do semi's.

I am not dumb enough to claim that there aren't any bad truckers out there. Inexperience is one thing. Plain stupidity is another as far as accidents/wrecks go. I was just saying I see a lot more wrecks caused by private vehicles and most of them are caused by "experienced" drivers that are just pushing the envelope.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.