Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Well, we didn't get the new trucks yet but we did get new Nomex suits :yes2557:...

newnomex.JPG

Just to clarify something I said earlier, the account in Victoria is not slowing down. It appears Schneider is trying to hire 200 drivers for this account and we are getting close. When I joined the account in late March there were 120 drivers. Nine months prior to that this account was brand new with only 2 trucks and 4 drivers so it has come a long way!

One of the places we load which is located in Cuero is building 8 more LATCs for all the trucks. I pulled up last week to get a load and there were 15 Schneider trucks and 21 Sun Coast trucks all waiting to get loaded. I've never seen so many trucks there at one time. There are only 6 LACTs running at any given time to load the tankers and it can take about 25-35 min to load one tanker. But they are almost finished building the new LACTs and those will be able to load an additional 8 trucks so possibly we will load 14 trucks at a time in the future at just this one site. Then I have heard Schneider is trying to get an account where some of our drivers run to wells.

If you want to get on the account and someone tells you they have a freeze on hiring, I can't see that happening for long. We lose drivers all the time for various reasons. I know a driver who is changing careers and leaving. Some drivers get offers to go other places and do that. Some live here without family for long periods and leave to take work closer to home. Then there are those who get fired for various reasons- driving around and not picking up loads, taking off early each day but editing their logs to make it appear they worked a full day, getting a DUI in their personal vehicle, and the most recent one I heard, not stopping at a RR crossing. Drivers will continue to leave this account and when they do Schneider will need a replacement so don't put all your eggs in one basket. Continue to seek out a good job you would like, but don't write off this opportunity because someone told you they are not hiring anymore.

wowo6057, seawind and AllieCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockdoctor

So as you may already know, the newest customer to Schneider Energy Transportation Services is Halliburton. In late May Schneider began hauling sand and cement in Midland, TX. If the customer is pleased with that account, the plan is to launch a larger offering in the Marcellus, Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Permian Basin.

I've seen some of Schneider's sand trucks...

ssandtruck.jpg

running around the Equalizer Frac Sand Terminal near the Port of Victoria...

equalizer.jpg

I can't say I know much about the account other than it sounds like more jobs are possibly on the way, but I do hope to learn more. I did hear from a couple of sources (hat tip to the drivers who gave me info) and it appears there are not enough people to train all the new drivers out in West Texas so they are coming to South Texas for that.

AllieCat, nicholas_jordan and wowo6057 Thank this.
  4. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Do ynu have have to live in tx or does sni let you work like 3wks and go home for 1. What the number for info.

5. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    You mean Nomex suits that are distinguishable from jail jumpers because of the addition of white reflective tape? That'll help the police sort out who's who. ;)

Tractor7127, Rockdoctor and wowo6057 Thank this.
  6. Rockdoctor

I have heard of that happening for one guy. He doesn't make any money when he goes home but he obviously wanted to see his family frequently. Got a lot of drivers down here who don't see their family for long stretches but most seem to bring their loved ones with them since they get home every night.

7. AllieCat

AllieCat Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    LOL....too funny

8. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    So as you may already know, the newest customer to Schneider Energy Transportation Services is Halliburton. In late May Schneider began hauling sand and cement in Midland, TX. If the customer is pleased with that account, the plan is to launch a larger offering in the Marcellus, Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Permian Basin.

The door has still not closed all the way for me Doc, I still may be on the way. Just moved the date forward a little.Need to make the move cash to get my Ford out there. Got a little Ranger that will take about 6 tanks to get there. Hopefully before the end of summer, we'll see.

9. hrtbr8kr

hrtbr8kr Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Yukon, OK
    That's the acct I'm getting on if this other hob falls out.

10. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    Nice shiny pneumatic there...I always liked pulling them.

11. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Everbody got to get a YOB.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.