Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Good luck pokerperv. You too registered_guy!

pokerperv Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    LOL! Well many of our hispanic friends have a particular way of pronouncing a J. (as apparently does hrtbr8kr, ie: hob)) Thus...everbody gots to get a yob.

I got a RED suit! Does that make me Santa? Nope! can't wear a beard!

4. Gisquid

Gisquid Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Fort Carson, CO
    Hey JawB!! How's it going??

5. Rockdoctor

Today when I rolled in to work my shift I got to meet one of the guys I helped recruit to the Victoria account. He has only been here a week but said he really likes the job and the work is easy. He appears to be very happy to be on this account and his positive vibe really made me thankful for what I have going here. Also, it makes me feel good to know I've helped some people find this opportunity and they appreciate the situation as much as I do.

As you can imagine no job is perfect and this one has its moments too. Most of the time when I run in to a driver who use to work on this account one of the big reasons they state they left was because of the quality of equipment. Hopefully that situation will continue to improve. I've mentioned before we have received some new tankers and new trucks should begin to arrive soon. If not I know some drivers who have already made plans to leave for other companies. The trucks are really stretched thin, there are tons of tankers uncoupled sitting in the yard, and people for the most part have to drive what becomes available. Some of the shifts are even cut short so another shift will not have to wait around for hours to get something to drive.

Anyway, I just look at it as growing pains. The account is trying to top out at 210 drivers and as I mentioned before this is up from 4 drivers this time last year. On the bright side, even though the US economy has been weak, trucking has continued to supply a lot of new jobs to people who really needed a break. I hope if the economy has been rough on you, you too find the opportunity you seek soon!

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  6. hrtbr8kr

hrtbr8kr Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Yukon, OK
  7. hrtbr8kr

hrtbr8kr Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Yukon, OK
    Job job job job job job job

8. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    No offense intended, just messing around. Sorry.

9. bert57nc

bert57nc Light Load Member

May 30, 2012
    Iron Station, N. C.
    Thank you for this very informative post Rockdoctor.
    Thanks also to JahB and others who made positive contributions to this post.
    I just graduated Trans Tech/Charlotte diesel driving school yesterday.
    I plan on testing for hazmat and tanker endorsement on Monday.
    Hopefully the NCDMV has received the background check info from TSA so I can get the hazmat added without a wait.
    I spoke with a Schneider recruiter already about OTR tanker job, then possibly on to the oil fields.
    Thanks again for the info.

Rockdoctor Thanks this.
  10. Rockdoctor

I have heard from several sources the account in Victoria has a hiring freeze in effect until mid August. We will get our quarterly bonus at the end of the month and supposedly some drivers are waiting around for that then they plan to move on. If that happens Schneider may open up the account for new hires at that time.

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  11. pokerperv

pokerperv Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Headed to G.B monday for oreintation (tanker) how many days in G.B before the 9 days in Gary In. Then after Gary i take it go on road with trainer? Thanks for the info, be safe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.