Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Glad to hear it Stubby! I feel the Victoria situation was more of a "local" event. As I stated before, the drivers did nothing wrong. There were drivers being trained up to the day we were told about the cuts even though upper management had known the contract was going away for a few weeks. The contract dispute was between the two parties who control our oil (condensate) and Schneider was caught in the middle.

As for our books, the last issue of "Think Tank", which is the Schneider publication for the tanker division, stated the margins and the profit for the 1st 6 months so I know for a fact this account is not in the red. Granted we are running old tankers (I've mentioned before one was built while Regan was in office), junky trucks (the article in Think Tank even states they threw every old truck they had at this account), the yard was once the parking lot of a truck stop, etc. so it's not like they threw all their best resources into this account. As I type this the new tankers we were promised and given are being returned to Houston. I am told we will not get any of the new trucks either which is sad as some of the trucks we run here are pure junk. Bad equipment was one reason Schneider lost a lot of drivers to other companies a while back so it will be interesting to see what happens in a few months.

The reaction from the drivers here has been mixed. Some claim a few drivers were given a "heads up" this was coming so they were able to get ahead of the pack and apply for jobs on other accounts before the herd. This has made some not trust the current management. Some drivers are leaving for other energy companies as they are being offered positions running OTR with Schneider and that is not what they wanted. Also, there is a competitor here spreading rumors to try and upset the drivers and push them off the account. About the worst thing going on is the vandalism of the equipment. A few drivers have attempted to give Schneider a parting 'shot on the chin' as they hit the exits. Just yesterday a guy on our shift found a slashed tire while doing his pretrip.

All this should make for an interesting few weeks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockdoctor

Right now there are about 80-100 drivers Schneider is trying to shift around from the Victoria account. Not all accounts are energy either. I would think for a few weeks to a month or more it might be tough to get in on the energy side of Schneider. They are working on new contracts in other areas of the Eagle Ford so give it a little time and I am sure things will open back up.

4. Rockdoctor

I'm surprised a recruiter has not set up shop at Big Vics truckstop in Victoria seeking out any orange NOMEX that walks through the door. There are some drivers here who are desperate to stay in the energy side of the trucking business and they are willing to relocate. I know some drivers have been out on their day off doing physicals for other energy outfits and quite a few of these drivers could actually stay on this account if they wanted. But then there are some drivers who are in leases or just moved their family to the area and they don't want to move again so they are having a conflict with themselves on what to do next.

I do wish I could help a lot of these guys out as Sep 1st will be the last day for many of them!

5. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    I started a thread of my own on a related matter -{ another operating label & another set of "issues" }- but if you will do me a few pm's I have done the research ..... sorta skipped Stevens' somewhat when I was in the yard as it was my first stop and I was not skilled & prepared to do the workup correctly so I made a point not to get in the operations manager's time and progress of the morning's events but if the -{ Steven's yard }- shows up like Nabors' yard did on google I can probably find it with the time over the weekend as the person assisting me is wanting me to go to Giddings thence I can probably sit here and work on it plus --->> I found maybe half-a-dozen other yards ( at least ) in Giddings so since many of them --[SNI]-- will have T.W.I.C. & HAZMAT already I can and will share the information gladly with them on the thread I started: Nabors water-tanker in North Half Eagle Ford Shale .... still working on un-wrapping all that I found but there is one yard just north of kenedy that really impressed me and I would immediately send all the drivers that want it there ....... it is a little flaky having to use these BB scripts rather than writing computer-code directly but then again we are lucky to have this anyway

Shale Tank Truck was started in October 2002 in Stoney, Texas and is a 24-hour a day fluid transport operation. The operation consists of transport trucks, bob tail trucks, kill trucks, frac tank rental, fresh water sales, KCL and Biocide water, as well as heavy salt water for service jobs.

there are several operations and there is a yard immediately next door (Siboney) to which I am sending gdyupgal ~ it is also a place to which I would send all SNI drivers that want to stay doing patch so like ........

what I am trying to do here is build this into a full-time link persons in this position can use to look for work in EFS.....

I have lists compiled for Victoria ~ which is sort of a center-point for operations as much of the work may place offices there for listing but I saw all of them show up in Kenedy ~ the whole #### list - like I even had some girl from the office dropping barrels in a fenced area for Select, they were one of the majors on my list and that saved me "drive around and look for a job" [time] .... i have the list from Victoria already posted somewhere, I can find it with my computer-skills and I have many of the same names showing up in Giddings,......sorta scratch-funny that those do not show up for Kenedy,.....and for what it is worth when somebody says Karnes City just read Kenedy there in place as that is where you see what you see in the papers as being in Karnes City ......

Giddings_Texas.workfile.txt attacment to the post has the listings for Giddings, I have not culled it for gas-stations & not-interested .... I have another with about 725 listings for Houston but it is really stuffed with false-leads so I am not going to put your audience at risk with it but they can call ahead for what I attached -->> and tell them to do so as it is not my skin that will be in the sun if they do not resolve that ahead of time

anyway, however that works out and if torac does not show up in the next few minutes I will have you a link in your pm's for the two yards on 181 that are probably better than any of the other operations....

oh, yes !.. I have a direct call-in number for Chalk Hill, biggest operation I have seen yet & could probably hire the whole hundred whether they wanted a job or not

:biggrin_1square2: <<--it's hip to be square-->> :biggrin_1square2:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. bushhawgsinger

bushhawgsinger Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info, but 1 suggestion, Companies themselves let the politicians drive jobs overseas, Global buzzwords etc, cheap labor etc environmental loopholes , even companies like Cat, I have direct knowledge of this, it was being done as far back as 93 and even earlier, walmart use to buy american.... problem is by design it has all been sent overseas, end goal is to weaken the usa. Anyway I am thankful for your information and I am looking into working in the oil fields and I hope to tap into your experience if possible. Hope you do not take offense to the info I shared.

7. machoboricua100

machoboricua100 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Miami, Fl
    These guys worked 3 week on and 1 week off so they could fly home to see family, not drive equipment back. They lived in a man camp and they had all expenses paid. One guy who had been up there in ND said he spent $70 the entire month and he smoked.

SNI, got schedule rotation in ND..?...

i was going to apply for SNI but they want me to relocated to corpus cristy...and i can't, i got a morgatge and family here in FL and they dont want to move to TX.. :/

8. machoboricua100

machoboricua100 Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Miami, Fl
    SNI, got schedule rotation in ND..?...

i was going to apply for SNI but they want me to relocated to corpus cristy...and i can't, i got a morgatge and family here in FL and they dont want to move to TX..:/

9. Rockdoctor

That's the great thing about trucking in the Eagle Ford, bushhawgsinger. These jobs WILL NOT be sent overseas. Schneider's account got cut back but other trucking companies will be stepping in and taking over where we left off.

We are getting American energy from America's backyard and bringing it to market. Granted some of it will be exported but the light sweet crude can't be exported by law. Billions of dollars are being generated from these activities too which help keep Americans employed and prop up the local economies. Victoria's hotels brought in record tax revenue this year, the guy renting houses is making money, the restaurants are humming along, and I am sure the guy who owns the truck stop will have a merry Christmas off all the diesel we have purchased there this year! :biggrin_25519:

There are some of us still out here fighting to keep America strong!!! I came into trucking to help America break away from buying its energy from foreign powers who do not like us. I know that may not be possible but I get a lot of satisfaction knowing these shale plays keep a little of that revenue back home where it belongs.

10. twobeef

twobeef Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2011
    And a couple of those slashed steering tires blew up on the road. This #### sucks horribly, and I really feel for the guys who got laid off, but I really hope they don't get us killed out of anger about it...

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  11. willis4play

willis4play Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2012
    This post is all of two months old and look at how the mood has changed. If it's too good to be true....

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.