Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Nicholas, Pumpco energy services is hiring like crazy for work in west Texas. We are a frac company so the hours are long and can be pretty tough but if your in decent physical condition you should be able to do it. There's a 57 and a 60 year old guys on my crew and they make it just fine. You wouldn't need to find a place to live cause they put you up in a hotel out there. You worktwo weeks on and then get a a week off. You would bring home 7500 to 8500 a month. And evenif you hated it you could do it for a few months and get on your feet. All you would need to bring is steel toe boots. They give you like 700 in per diem when you head out there and they feed you once a dayi think

nicholas_jordan, hunnydew and gdyupgal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Me,

Does Pumpco require me to have a CDL before I apply?

4. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    frac is so "crazy" right now that stopping to wait to see if they want a CDL first is not an informed postion, I am filling the app on printed paper right now & the thing to do is ask them, not us as things are so fast in frac that you really need to ask them direct, then post back to us with current status

thank you Me99 & Ben Gunn :biggrin_25519:

:biggrin_2552:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  5. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I am asking because some companies require the CDL/Permit while some companies are willing to send their people to training (Halliburton, Baker Hughes, ect..) So for me, it is better that I am well informed first so I can contact the correct company.

6. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    In addition, Me99 does work there which is why I am asking him so that we can all understand what is required.

7. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    It all depends on how bad they need people. I know for a fact they have hired people without them before but it all depends. I would go ahead and try. I work out of a different yard so I don't have all the answers for you guys.

nicholas_jordan Thanks this.
  8. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks Me99 I appreciate the info. Another quick question, are you paid straight time for 40 hours on your week off? Then if you work your off week, say 80 hours, all of those hours would be paid at time and a half?

9. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Your paid forty hours for your week off. The weeks you work you'll do about 120-130 hours and get time and a half for anything over forty. I've had a couple of pms from guys wanting more info and I think I need to make it real clear cause some guys don't know much about the oilfield. Frac can be extremely hard work.. Like today for example. I got about four and a half hours of sleep. When we got to location it was raining and it rained most of the day. The whole location was covered in ankle deep mud and we were to busy to take cover. We swung hammers and picked up heavy iron most of the day. Not every day is hard but some days are very hard and you never really get more than four or five hours of sleep.

10. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    yeah, and that thing about Gold Spur is looking like trolls as I saw them in TS parking lot and though it is for sure is a place for roughs the trucks were decent and the windows rolled up .... because it was hot and that was not a test to drive off nimrods, it was bcs the trucks have A/C ...... tough bunch no doubt but you have to be to hook up 5-6 inch braided hose .... uh, how many of these people realize what it is like to get slapped with a 5-inch braided hose under pressure??......

like my signature says......duh,....and how bout them Boar Hog Tacos?... I think that's what G.S. drivers are required to buy them at the lunch counter if using company card to purchase

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  11. jtanner10

jtanner10 Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks for the info Me99. Stay safe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.