Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. JazzTX

JazzTX Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    @beammeup: I am saying people were making that money before Schneider came in the game.

If you like I can give you phone numbers of 3-4 people that can confirm the validity of my claim. And I know of them will even let you see his paystub!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

I do not take offense to any opinions posted regarding rates or payscales. I'm a free market individual and feel labor and management can work those issues out and therefore I will avoid saying who has a "right" to be in the energy patch.

As I stated before, I started this thread to try and help newbies and OTR drivers who didn't want to drive OTR a forum to consider the alternative- the energy patch. While I regret I may have shed too much light on Schneider, we have also identified others like Stallion, Basic, and Key who will take a newbie and provide them with a place to gain experience and a great paycheck, relative to other trucking jobs.

Yes Schneider downsized again and I was set to be laid off on OCT 1st. I received another crude hauling offer the day before this news came to me and I have moved on. I have traded in my "Eagle Ford" for a "Wood Ford" and plan to post more about that opportunity in the future, but for now I will keep that company name private. As long as you have a clean record and a desire to work, the jobs are out there!

4. twobeef

twobeef Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Good luck out there, dude. I'm planning to stick around for a while so that I can take care of some other things, but I'm sure a lot of guys learned a lesson about the industry down here, maybe just not the one they expected to.

5. joelyblonde

joelyblonde Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2012

6. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota

7. Tanzanite

Tanzanite Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Thank you Rockdoctor for the information. This business was mentioned to me yesterday and I have been searching for the information i need to begin my process in applying for a driver position in Texas. Are you still in touch with the recruiter that got you started in this business of transporting shale rock?

8. fungirl

fungirl Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Thanks for well wishes!! Well he is finally(thank god) starting work next week. They did thorogh checking, background check/hair drug test/etc. Since my husband isn't too used to such a wait to start a job he got impression he wasn't fully hired and took upon himself to look elsewhere. He went all over thiose areas and said everyone wants experienced and all everyone talks about is how it is gonna get more huge next year after all this election stuff or whatever. So I get impression for newbies next year will be better. But who knows. He made a connection with recruiter who hired him and is actually staying with the recruiters dad in Gonzales area on his ranch. Still unsure on housing but he said if not yet available will stay there where he is now. I will post update on how the job is for him and anything he tells me that would benefit others looking in those areas.

Oh ya, he said when looking around at other jobs they all wanted to see he had a TX license. What is up with that? I thought you could do that later.....Oh well.

9. nicholas_jordan

nicholas_jordan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    temple texas
    he was working for SNI ..... current job lead appears to be fuel-tanker:

The Eagle Ford Shale is a hydrocarbon producing formation rich in oil and natural gas fields

there are businesses transporting shale rock as part of the activity

takes some effort to get the license transferred / moved or whatever they call it ~ these companies often run hard and need to know if they will have to plan around all that + regulations address other matters relevant to the why of asking that about license

I bet R.D. did but few of the others will.........

10. twobeef

twobeef Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2011
    The last chapter in the story, for those of you that like watching train wrecks...

A couple of weeks ago, we were told by corporate to cut down to 50 drivers on the account. A lot of people who were supposed to stay ended up quitting anyway, so some of the people that were laid off were instantly rehired to fill the gaps. However, the work started to slow for those of us that stayed. The last two weeks, no one worked a full five days, and the client had site issues that caused them to shut down for a weekend.

Then the new bomb hit. On Monday, there was a managers' meeting in the afternoon. Immediately after that, the business leaders called half of the drivers that were left to lay them off, effective at the end of the week. The client told us that they would only support 23 drivers on the account from there on out. That would be the third time the staff was cut in half. On top of that, it sounds like any other drivers who quit aren't going to be replaced.

The account is officially circling the drain. The worst part is that the drivers laid off in the first round got the easiest time of finding work, and now the rest of us are gonna have to hunt for whatever jobs are left. The total breakdown of communication hasn't been a picnic, either.

Yesterday was the last day of work for another twenty people. Expect additional anger running around the city of Victoria.

Ben Gunn Thanks this.
  11. Patt52

Patt52 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    What??? I just KNEW that was getting straightened out and I would be called back at any moment. lol Seriously, when I landed in Victoria with Schneider, I anticipated working for them for some years to come hauling crude in that area. Not quite 4 months later, that came to an end.

You could be right......dumping almost two hundred drivers on the street in one area might make it a little more difficult to gat a job. For that type work anyway.

Is more of the crude going to pipeline OR other carriers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.