Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Sorry to hear that. I am sure there is plenty of blame and anger to go around. Good luck and God Bless the Truckers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stubby T Slapnutt

Jul 20, 2012
    Well now it has happened in Corpus, Schneider had to lay off 23 Drivers. Some of them were excellent Drivers, but just happened to be the last hired. Managment said they also used a Matrix of preventable accidents, spills, not showing up for work, and log book problems.

twobeef Thanks this.
  4. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Why are people getting laid off. Schneider losing a dedicated contract you go back to work on the road for Schneider. Schneider gains and loses accounts all the time.

5. Stubby T Slapnutt

Jul 20, 2012
    To many drivers standing around getting paid. Not enough work for 70 drivers. Even when we run 2 drivers to a truck, some would have several extra days off. I rode with one guy recently who had been paid for 5 days but had only worked 2. How long can any company do that? He had been recently hired and I am pretty sure he is gone. I hate it when anyone loses a job, but he kinda saw it coming, and did not think it would be hard to find another job. Hope he finds something soon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. socal

socal Medium Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    I understand, but Why don't drivers hop to another account. I worked for Schneider in the 90's and ran the Target Store startup in Chicago and after a couple years they lost that to Werner. So then I moved on to a Sony OTR account. Sheez it's Schneider there is always something.

7. Stubby T Slapnutt

Jul 20, 2012
    This is true, however when you go from working 7 to 8 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week and your check is $1200.00 per week, making 31 cents per mile and living in a truck. SUCKS

8. twobeef

twobeef Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2011
    Ugh, they're losing drivers from their OTHER accounts? ####, what are they doing. :/

On my account, we were all given offers to go over-the-road with Schneider again. However, I have an apartment lease down here that I can't get out of... and I also just didn't feel like going OTR again really. Our bosses specifically told us, though, that anyone who doesn't want to transfer to OTR, they would lay us off and wouldn't contest unemployment insurance. A lot of people that were here went to Kennedy or San Antonio or other places to find more regular work. I've already found a couple other companies near Victoria that were hiring, so those of us that stuck around shouldn't be doing too badly.

9. Stubby T Slapnutt

Jul 20, 2012
    I do not know how many drivers were encouraged to stay with Schneider. I have talked to one of my friends that was let go, who has talked to several of the guys he knew on this account. They have said they were laided off, with no offer to work on another account. I am pretty sure that the guys that had preventable accidents, and log book problems, will not be asked to go OTR.

10. james01nj

james01nj Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2012
    NJ
    I have not seen to many oil field jobs posted for Schnieder lately.I heard they were having some problems, is this true. Do you know anything about Gold Spur or Dillion Transport?

TY

11. Ben Gunn

Ben Gunn Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Forgotten Coast
    Spend an hour reading this thread and you'll answer your own question. It seems like Schneider is done in the Eagle Ford, not sure about the Permian Basin.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.