Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

The company payed for my room. Most will expect to you to have a roommate but it is not uncommon to have a company put you up in a hotel, expecially if they put you in a position where you might have to move around with the job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    if you climbing the the ladder of your tanker several times then you work for idots

4. Stubby T Slapnutt

Stubby T Slapnutt Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Just want to let those know who have followed this thread for awhile. Stubby is still kicking. I left SNI 12/21/2012, now after a nice Christmas Vacation, I will start with Nabors, hauling crude, in Kenedy TX tomorrow. I will post some about this new chapter, soon. However I will follow the advice of Rockdock
    " I proably shared too much" with the SNI Adventure. On that subject setting aside your feelings about SNI having no business in the Patch. I met and worked with some of the finest Drivers. Yes there were a few slapnutts and a dipsh#t, and even one that I called Double Dip, as he was a dipsh#t times two.
    I earned more than I was promised, learned some, had some good laughs, and made some lifetime Friends. I just decided that Nabors pay and work schedule was more to my liking. Stubby

bubzokrex, Rockdoctor and Big Duker Thank this.
  5. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Well said Tom. Schneider drivers don,t realize there dragging everyones wages down including there own. The newbies are a problem too, go otr and get your 2 years exp, then hit the oil fields. By living in Green Bay I,ve talked to numerous office people also, there all under paid and abused. They all say there drivers are always angry, upset, abused. The upper management live in houses on the fox river, that are larger than a barn. They push and put pressure on the office people to abuse, the drivers in different ways. Most office people quit, because of low wages and being forced to abuse a human. In Green Bay a schneider driver or office job is know as a terrible place to be. In the mid 90,s I ave. 2,500.00 a week with high weeks of 4,490.00 off rd driving or rig work. In 04 I always grossed over 1,300 in a tanker otr. You guys are being taken advantage of big time, with your sni wages. Your going to turn the oil fields into a otr type paying job.

2fuzy and Vegasman Thank this.
  6. Rockdoctor

Hey V8-MACK, I see you are giving bad advice again. SCREW OTR, you hear me! Stop telling people to waste their time there. You are messing with people's livelihoods.

FACT is I have never been OTR, been operating a tanker since I got my CDL. Been hauling condensate and crude oil for almost a year now. NO SPILLS, NO ACCIDENTS, my company LOVES me. Going OTR would have been a HUGE waste of time running all over for low wages and no off road experience. I'm VERY comfortable in my bed each night and I LOVE what I'm doing. Bet a lot of OTR drivers can't make those two claims!!!

Funny thing is I HAVE seen some drivers with lots of OTR experience make some very simple mistakes and do some dumb stuff in a truck. Bottom line is this...some people should never be allowed to operate hazmat no matter how much experience they have because they just don't pay attention or they are not too bright to begin with.

So my advice to anyone coming out of CDL school...there are PLENTY of seats to fill in the patch. Don't be intimidated by some guy who thinks there is one correct path to earning your CDL stripes. Get you CDL, find a job you want to do in the patch, then get the experience you need to make it happen, but don't think that OTR will do it for you. At the company I work for I see them turn down plenty of CDL drivers with OTR experience for all kinds of reasons such as no tanker experience, accidents, job hopping, etc.

Over and OUT!

7. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    He's not saying go otr if your a newb. He's telling people don't work for a company like Schneider who undercuts the work and is driving the wages down in the patch...

2fuzy Thanks this.
  8. Rockdoctor

Buddy, read his whole response before you makes statements... He clearly states... "The newbies are a problem too, go otr and get your 2 years exp, then hit the oil fields."

Sounds like bad advice to me!

Funny thing is I hear drivers who work at Sunoco right out of CDL school make low wages too but no one is blaming Sunoco for low wages. Seems like a lot of folks have a hard on for Schneider. At least they will give a newbie a shot at getting some tanker exp. Also SNI will train a driver a couple of weeks which is more than I can say about most operating in the patch. Seen a lot of companies so eager to get someone in a truck you might get a day or two of training at best.

9. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    With good reason. They SUCK. They will give anyone with a pulse a shot at any job they have. Not at decent wage. But a chance. They're getting their rears handed to them quite regularly since they decided to dominate the oil patch. Can't understand why pushers are ordering them off jobs or canceling their jobs. They think they run the show and they don't run sheet out here. I have met a couple of older guys who went through their training over 10 yrs ago. Was a lot better. Now it's no different then any of the other rat outfits. Sign a lot of safety forms and blame the driver for any troubles.

ironmule and haulhand Thank this.
  10. sandman02

sandman02 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2011
    floresville
    Why do you rookies keep calling it a"patch" this is not ND or the 1920 anymore. Its called oilfield and let me ask you a question RockDr how many accdents have Schnider had over in San Antonio since they started this great idea of doing "OILFIELD" work with day cabs because they thought they would be over weight. When you run out of Hours on the well site and they have to change drivers how do they feel about that. This is not dry van freight or other OTR trucking this is OILFIELD work so if you want to learn how to drive do it OTR before you kill some one. You said you have been doing tankers since you got your CDL what a year ago, what happens when there is no more oilfield work because another company does a better job then what you going to do when you have to go OTR AND THEY GET SCARED OR DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THE MOUNTAINS OF COLORADO AND THEY KILL SOMEONE. This is not fun and game and Im tired of the lies that you guys tell these new guys Schnider is not great it sucks the money sucks, waiting in a truck for 24 hours because there not smart enough to get sleepers sucks. If you go home every night thats not Oil Field work that like working at MCDONALDS. If want respect you have to earn it, its not something a book can teach you or a guy in some classroom tells you about. So tell them the truth because after all WHERE DO YOU WORK NOW?

11. sandman02

sandman02 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2011
    floresville
    Sunco is sticking to what they know and thats del fuel, so schneider might want to stick to what they know and pull dry vans.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.