Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Rockdoctor is your huckleberry on that. I don't know.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MattMichigan

MattMichigan Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Those SNI drivers in the fracking fleets are drive-away drivers. They move the equipment from site to site and get picked up in a van. They are on call 24/7 and don't make sheet. The ads I see for SNI crude drivers say they can make $60,000/yr. Plains, Blueknight, Oxy and all the other major crude oil haulers drivers make $80,000+...?? Unless I'm wrong about SNI pay, it sure seems like they are short changing their drivers....

jcroom76, stanman63 and Tractor7127 Thank this.
  4. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    For certain, an experienced driver can do better. Who knows what motivates people to make the choices they do.

5. QualityMike

QualityMike Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2011
    North Dakota
    If things continue as they are, I will make $ 138,000.00 hauling crude this year, so YES, SNI is not paying competitive wages.

wowo6057 and hunnydew Thank this.
  6. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    gotta get there and see what real pay is, easy to say you make 10 billion an hour then get there and find out different.Plus there is a break in period, how much can a rookie make in these companies? Some may not hire with no oilfield exp. I hope to put in some time then transfer some where else, maybe one of the ones you talked about, dont know what I would do with 138k a year, save a lot I guess, or have a ton of toys. lol

7. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

You are skipping Dallas because you have driving experience which exceeds 6 months. We had a guy in our class in Dallas, he started in Houston because he said he had driven for a previous job, but this guy couldn't back up so they sent him to Dallas for range training. In Dallas they spend more time training you to shift, back, operate on public roads safely, etc. They don't have a range in Houston and when you see how small the OC is you will know why! Dallas is a huge OC.

In Victoria they are training drivers for 3 days then testing them out on the 4th day. If you do not feel ready to test and go out on your own then you can train longer. I've heard people are told by the recruiters that you get training pay for the first 3 days in Victoria but everyone I have met has made $220 (some make a little better) per day right out the gate.

If you hire onto the Victoria account that is Cuero. Schneider's yard is located in Victoria about 2 miles from the HWY 87 and HWY 58 intersection. We pick up our truck in Victoria and drive it to Cuero to load the oil. So if you lived in Cuero you would have to drive to Victoria in your personal car, pick up the tanker truck, drive to Cuero in the tanker, and ultimately you would drop the tanker in Victoria and have to drive your personal car back to Cuero. It takes about an hour to drive to Cuero from Victoria so I would not plan on living in Cuero.

wowo6057 Thanks this.
  8. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Yes you can clearly see this is Schlumberger equipment in the photos. The crude oil hauling accounts are located in San Antonio and Victoria. If you want a more detailed explanation look at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

9. AllieCat

AllieCat Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2012
    San Antonio, TX
    Looking at some of the previous posts regarding pay....I'm sorry, BUT making $60,000 a year with hardly any experience....I'll take that. Seeing as how in my current job...I have 14 years experience and all that this MULTI-BILLION dollar health insurance company is willing to pay me is $28,000 a year! :biggrin_2552: SNI is the place for me :biggrin_25519:

pokerperv Thanks this.
  10. wowo6057

wowo6057 Light Load Member

Jul 4, 2010
    not Rialto Ca.
    "everyone I have met has made $220 (some make a little better) per day right out the gate."
    Thanks RD, just trying to put all my ducks in a row, so to speak. Can not live on peanuts for a month. Will leave the wife and daughter behind until I find a place for them, then take a long weekend or what ever and come back and move them. Thats what I will need the 2500 for, figure I can get there on about 800 or so. I will stay in Victoria somewhere, looks like a nice town with a few of the main town things, Lowes - Target and a mall for my 17 year old. lol Add a nice home town church into that mix and we should be fine.
    I was just told different from the recruiter, less money for longer and will need to still make a car payment and keep the family here going until we all can move.
    See ya soon, hopefully

11. SJ1985

SJ1985 Bobtail Member

May 3, 2012
    Westminster, CA
    OK we get it Oil Field drivers can make much more than what SNI is paying but for most of us who have zero to minimal experience SNI is one of our few options, most of us cannot AFFORD to go out to TX, OK, ND and knock on doors and hope that somebody is willing to give us a chance. This is our way to walk through the door and get our feet wet give us a couple of years and we will be up there making $80k+. Take my word!

AllieCat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.