Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Not off the top of my head. I use to come through on 380 from Decatur east to I35 and saw a good bit of activity in the oilfield trucking yards along that stretch. Just remember if you can get away from big cities you will typically see your pay increase and the work is easier to obtain if you are new to driving.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigt3372

bigt3372 Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2013
    They lost their contract with SLB and are no longer hauling frac sand . Their yard south on i35 is now empty

4. Rockdoctor

Schneider is back in action in Corpus and Victoria. Can't hold a good Pumpkin down!

281ric Thanks this.
  5. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You down that way Rock? I just came from down there today lol.

6. Rockdoctor

No I'm still up here in Western OK. Tried to run Sun morning, got out on I-40 and started sliding around and said screw this. About an hour later got some photos from dispatch of a bunch of rigs all piled up about 30 min from here so I made the right choice. About fed up with this Winter!

7. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    You are right about Schneider in Corpus. Their recruiter is claiming they took half of our loads which is not true as far as I can tell. But they are here and I wouldn't be surprised if they do get some of our wells. We have more than we can handle.

They are trying to hire Sun Coast drivers specifically. Why? I don't know. But one of our drivers called their recruiter and that's what he said.

8. Rockdoctor

I heard that Sun Coast had hired SNI to be a third party for them. Not sure why a Sun Coast driver would leave a place where their benefits are paid for to go and work for a flat fee everyday and crappy insurance.

9. Seattle206

Seattle206 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Your 100% right; from the moment I got past Sweetwater TX the temperature kept dropping. When I got to Amarillo at about 7pm It was foggy and the ice was building up.

68 San Antonio

53 Sweetwater

45 Lubbock

19 Amarillo

10. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    By SNI I assume you mean Schneider National. I get conflicting stories. I know two of our wells were producing 36 loads a day and we just couldn't spare that many trucks every day so we let Schneider have them. Otherwise they must have some other customer because they wouldn't be gearing up like they are for just two wells.

We just signed a new long term contract with our major customer so they can't really get the wells they say they took from us.

11. TX Oilfield Trucker

TX Oilfield Trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    South Central, Texas
    Hi, I'm a newb here at this forum, so I cant PM RockDoctor yet.
    I'm trying to get a hold of him or anyone else that works for Schneider hauling crude.
    Does anyone know whether Dr. still hauls for Schneider out of Victoria TX?
    I'm wanting to ask one of their drivers some questions about hauling crude for them.
    Thanks

d o g Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.