Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs/ The Texas shales and beyond

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Rockdoctor, Jun 4, 2012.

1. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    edouglas, you're not quite "experienced", and not quite a newbie, which is why you fall into that gray area. I wouldn't worry about them not hiring in six months....it will be December, and you're in Pennsylvania...think about it. I think there might be a slot, and if not, there's other places to do the same thing...and better weather. and it's Schlumberger....pronouced Shlum-ber-zhay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrmfla

Mrmfla Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2009
    lakeland florida
    I went to Midland last year hauling water for FFE I live in Florida. I only worked 2 months it was a big mess for me. I mainly went there to get established and then move wife there. Problem was the last month there I had 1 run and ended up leaving FFe kept saying they were waiting on equipment. I was paying for apartment in Midland and then home and expenses in Florida. I didn't plan on how much it was going to cost when I first got to Midland and didn't expect FFE wouldn't have work. I also realized after being in Midland my wife would never have liked the desert like climate. So its been a few months I have been driving OTR. I am suppose to run Southeast and be home every week but that doesn't always happen end up north out west everywhere. My wife is disabled our grown son lives with us and helps her when I am gone. He joined the Navy and isn't going to be around in the near future. I was contacted by Schneider and told they pay relocation. But reading here seems its paid later on which won't help me. Also wouldn't want to end back up in Midland area. I really need to be home more often where ever I live. Just thinking it over not sure what I am going to do. I have 5 years driving this go around and no accidents. I am considering an occupation change but really hate to. It's hard age 60 to change occupations and get decent pay for the type of jobs I would find. It could be worse though I could be unemployed so I am grateful for that. Just saw the Schneider topic so added my story.

4. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

I'm not aware that they are hauling oil in San Antonio, only these accounts...

British Petroleum formed a relationship with Schneider in early 2012. This account provides lease level loading and transportation of crude oil. Currently Schneider loads at four lease sites and delivers to four locations. This account is based out of the Eagle Ford Shale specifically in the Corpus Christi area.

GeoSouthern formed a relationship with Schneider in early 2011. This account provides LACT loading and transportation of crude oil (condensate). What started with 2 trucks and 4 drivers has grown to over 70 trucks and 140 drivers in just under 1 year. GeoSouthern is now Schneider bulk's 3rd largest customer. This account is based out of the Eagle Ford Shale specifically Victoria and Cuero, TX.

ATL-1 Thanks this.
  5. pokerperv

pokerperv Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Thanks Rockdoctor for all the helpful info into the oil fields and Schneider in Texas.

6. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    Mrmfla,

If you have decent recent experience, (other than the FFS SNAFU) go to the Schneider job search page and put oilfield or tanker in the keyword field, and select USA and TEXAS. You'll see everything they are offering. Midland is only one of many, so if you don't want to go there, well, don't. As a driver with 5 years experience, if you see a location you want to go, like San Antonio or Corpus, or Houston or some such, fill out the application and call the recruiter. No more complicated than that.

If you don't like what Schneider is offering, or want to work somewhere they aren't offering work, then register yourself on the WorkInTexas website. They have about 100 truck driving jobs listed in all over Texas, mostly oilfield related. Apparently, the results you get depend on how you complete the registration...I get several listings per day. I think that's because I selected multiple cities when I set it up.

luck

7. hrtbr8kr

hrtbr8kr Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Yukon, OK
    well, is there anyone on here working in Odessa? I will be going to orientation for Schnieder July 2nd and start work shrtly after. My questions is, what all do I take to the field with me? I carry a backpack with me doing LTL, but I would liek the heads up on what the must haves ar out there. I know I can get stuck out there and end up i a hotel then back to work, so ill be ok with that. I am going to stock up on more gloves and earplugs, and better sunglasses to keep the sand out of my eyes. But what else?

8. JahB

JahB Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2008
    WASHINGTON/OREGON border
    hrtbr8kr - well, no less than 14 hours worth of food and water in case you're sitting at the rig for that long, that's for sure. LOL

9. hrtbr8kr

hrtbr8kr Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Yukon, OK
    Lol well ya lol. I guess I'll figure more out on day 1 lol. I don't like hauling a ton of stuff everyday...unless we don't slip seat. Then I can leave some stuff in the truck.

10. pokerperv

pokerperv Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2012
    romeo,mi
    Good luck hrtbr8kr keep us updated on what you learn i start cdl training Monday the 18th and then wanna get into tanker with Schneider and down to oil fields.

11. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

A couple of people tried to send me a private message but my inbox was full. I cleared some stuff out and will do a better job of keeping some open space. Sorry about that!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.