schneider question

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by jtaran06, Dec 23, 2007.

1. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    OTR drivers who want to run how many miles a week we talking they give and what kind of money should a rect grad expect to make

Do they have converters in the trucks for microwave etc do they have fridges?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Pimpin

Big Pimpin Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2007
    KY
    most companys dont even have cbs in the truck let alone those comforts. Most of the time those things will come out of your pocket. Did you already go to school or looking for a company to get you your cdl? I dont know much about SNI though sorry.

4. Brian22

Brian22 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    no fridges... no microwaves... no power inverters... and no CB radios, however they are already wired up for a CB so all you have to do it plug it in

also you are not allowed to put in an inverter, Schneider has an incredibly strict policy about drivers modifying the truck in any way shape or form.

you can get the inverters that plug in to the cigarette lighters, but nothing that is hard wired to the truck. as for a fridge, just go to wal mart and buy a 12volt cooler that plugs into a cig lighter.
    they cost anywhere from $50-100+

5. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    I have a similar question. One SNI recruiter told me I could bring a 1000 watts power inverter, another one said 100 watts. I am lost now.

6. Brian22

Brian22 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Dallas, Tx

you can bring 1000 watt inverter all you want, you just arent allowed to have it in the truck

I personally have a 300/600 watt inverter that plugs in the cigarette lighter

every SNI mechanic i have talked with at all the different operating centers say they must plug into a cig lighter and they must be fused. if you have one that is hard wired and it screws something up you will get fired and possibly charged for damage to the truck

NukedNative Thanks this.
  7. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    for clarifying that.

8. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Brian,
    Do you know what Schneider actually allows for inverters that can plug in to the cig adapter? I know they allow them, I just don't know the size allowed and I can't find any info at Crossroads. Im trying to help someone out with what they allow as far as fridges (no...but coolers, yes)...grills, and other electrical gizmos and do-dads...and I can no longer find any information there that tells what they allow and don't allow...would like some official Schneider documents if they even exist.

Ryan

9. harley-bob

harley-bob Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2007
    New York
    sometimes too much info isn't a good thing.....SNI was changing the rules on newbies so often that i deceided to not go...and many of the newbies quit SNI after 2-3 months....miles were too low....long periods with no loads....and if you school with them...and leave before the 18 month committment...be prepared to write a check to SNI....# 18% interest...ouch!!!!

10. truckin916

truckin916 Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Wild Wild West
    Schneiders policy as I remember it was that you can't go over a 180w power inverter and it can only plug into a 12V plug. When I was there I had a 150w inverter but I constantly was blowing the fuse so the 12V wall mounted outlets don't handle much.
    Get used to cold or truck stop food since you can't have the microwave. They don't do much to make a drivers life on the road economical or comfortable (no APU's)....they tie your idling time to your bonus and if you go over the limit (which is low) you don't get the money. Have fun this summer in the searing heat, bring plastic sheets.

11. capnhector

capnhector Light Load Member

sni will allow almost any inverter that will plug into a 12v cig lighter socket largest ive seen is 1500 wats but why you would need that much since they dont allow ANY cooking appliances is a question. they give you a cleaned out truck that has only the stuff it came with from the factory and you buy any thing you want for it in line with sni policy the plug in coolers are fine i have one in my truck, cb's are a must but i see alot of other company drivers with out a cb you got to know where them bears are at. any questions let me know i run van for schneider and have friends in the bulk and can find out any thing about any dedicated account you want to know just pm me

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.