Schneider testing for NEW sleep apnea

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Awrightdriver, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Awrightdriver

Awrightdriver Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Hello everyone,

I have a conditional offer from Schneider. I have dug through some related posts but haven't found what I am looking for. I am a big guy 6' 1'' 350 IBS neck size 17". I don't believe I have sleep apnea. My wife says I no longer snore since I lost 30 pounds. I sleep great and feel rested. So I marked the appropriate answers on my long form at my last physical. And the Doc didn't mention it any further and I got a two year card.

What does Schneider's sleep apnea screening consist of? Will they give me a three month card and let me proceed through orientation/training? Or will they send me away if they decide I need a diagnosis? I'm only looking for facts by current or previous employees. Please no speculation on the subject or irrelevant gripes about the company. Also like I said I'm looking for information based on the fact that I don't already have a diagnosis.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    As a new hire I believe they will send you for a new dot physical at a Schenider aproved doc even though you have a new card.

So do it the same way when you get sent for a new physical for Schneider.

But fyi Schneider pays for all the related sleep apnea stuff, tests and machine for a company driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.