Schneider Using Fear Tactics Against Unions in Orientation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Surfer Joe, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Yeah that is what Schneider needs. A shop boss to add to the 1,273 people it takes to manage a driver. That company is riddled with make work suits coming up with complete bullshippie to justify their existence. And now someone wants to add a few that get 10% of your check:laughing-guffaw:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    yeah once upon a time there was a good cause for unions to be used however once crime bosses got mixed up with it they got too power hungry and it stopped being about the worker any more and about the unions getting more and more powerful combined with associations with the communist movement it has lost its appeal these days in most countries now it is the workers choice to be able to join or not. However some companies can get around this to ensure non union or union membership by simply asking a few questions when the driver first applies for a job. It could be as simple as saying " Do you have any objections to joining the union? " or "Are you willing to become a union member?"

Milr72 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  4. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I guess you like not getting paid for all of your time, I guess you like paying for your health insurance, I guess you like competing with the company suck #####, I could go on but you get my drift.

5. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    One could argue the exact opposite...

I guess you take advantage of your employer and work only 4 hours a day but expect to get paid for 8 hours and make the future generation pay for your current healthcare? I could go on but you get my drift

Old - School, TankerP, sdaniel and 9 others Thank this.
  6. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Schneider sucks anyways.....

Broke Down 69 and 06driver Thank this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Schneider transport is still a teamster outfit. There are currently 12 Schneider transport drivers left.

Dna Mach and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    I get paid for almost everything I do, make more than 90% of most "union" guys . The only thing a union ever did for me was get me laid off, lazy guy with seniority kept collecting a paycheck for 40% of production of what I did, and company went under a year later cuz of production/quality suffering. But anyways.....

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I get all that, and it ain't costing me 2 hours a month..........

spyder7723, ladr and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  10. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    We, the workers of America, all seem to complain about wages. Yet, we never seem to complain about those low low prices. A massive part of those prices is labor.

Trucking margins are slim. It's not easy to make money in this industry. If it were, every owner operator would be a millionaire.

Lastly, to the OP. I highly doubt that video you saw violates any law. It's is even more unlikely that Schneider has never thought of the fact that everyone has a camera phone these days. I highly doubt they are worried about it.

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Also, you don't need a hidden camera - it's on the public webpage and YouTube I believe .

06driver and ethos Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.