Schneider Wal-Mart dedicated Sterling Illinois

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Clara3, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    My dispatcher called me the other day asking if I could help on the Walmart account out of Sterling Illinois. He said that we lost a bunch of drivers there to Costco. I know that he doesn't have all the information that I need to make a decision whether or not it would be wise for me to go help. I'm over the road but I don't get paid much. I only made approximately $19,000 gross in 10 months with Schneider. It's really bad, I know but my dispatcher said that it's just because it's my first year driving. Anyway, will I be making more money while I help out on this account? Is it true that it's only night driving? I saw that online, my dispatcher knows that I don't do overnight driving so he may have conveniently left that part out. What else do I need to know about this account? I have a little bit of knowledge on dedicated because I spent about a month and a half running the Schneider Target account out of Wilton New York over the summer but I don't know if it's worked the same way or not. I took Target trailers from the target RDC in Wilton New York brought them to various Target stores in New England and swapped out the loaded for a Target empty and delivered the empty back to the RDC in Wilton New York. The only reason why I quit doing that is because Schneider wouldn't pay me as a dedicated driver while on that account, so as an over-the-road driver you can imagine that I was kind of getting screwed by Schneider. I already told my dispatcher that I would help out on the target account because he claimed that it would be "mega money" for me, I just want to know the truth. Thank you!

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I of course could change my mind. I'm due to head to Illinois from Dallas tomorrow. Thank you!

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  4. Anywhichwaybutloose

Anywhichwaybutloose Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Running either reefer or dry van. Live unload at stores. Anywhere from 1 to 4 stores per load. Reefer gets priority unloading at stores. Make sure you verify pallets at stores. Could be day or night shift.

Upinsmoke and Clara3 Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Keep your nose clean for another two months and look in the forums jobs section.

6. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    I agree! Thank you!

Upinsmoke and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  7. Truemac

Truemac Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Walmart dedicated accounts aren't terrible. Some of the easiest work you can do with a mega. I did it for about a couple years when I was with Prime out of the DC in Olney, IL. You get assigned your route and trailer for the day in the dispatch office. Trailers are preloaded and sealed. You'll have a list of stops to make, which pallets are for each stop, and where they are on the trailer. Drive to walmart/Sam's club, check in at recieving, store associates unload pallets while you pull the stickers off the confirm they were received. It's not uncommon for a store to have to move another store's pallets to get to theirs. They also are generally poorly stacked.
    Once you're empty, you'll most likely deadhead back to the DC to drop the trailer and prepare for your next run as hours allow. Sometimes they may have you load a backhaul. Drop trailer at the DC and do it all over again.
    Walmart will keep you running 7 days a week, unless it's a major holiday. Loads are regional. I worked in a 300-mile radius. Get ready to become familiar with your state's backroads to reach those rural stores. If you can put up with Walmart's BS then you'll be okay for your first year. I think I grossed 60k when I was on the account.

bzinger and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  8. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    London, KY DC smooth operation with Schneider. Out to 2-3 stores and back usually same day. Always easy to use bathroom and get food at stores. If you can’t make it back to London for some reason your good cause you at Wally World for the night.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    If you don't do overnight driving, as a OTR driver,
    Your not gonna make any money no matter
    Where you go.
    That explains your 19,000 in six months.

Since your dispatcher knows this,
    There's a whole lot of loads he won't
    Even consider sending your way.
    He gives them to the guy/ girl that's gonna
    Run thru the night and get it there without
    Having to change any appointments.

Don't take this dedicated job if it's night driving.
    And don't believe it when your dispatcher tells
    You, you'll only work the day shift.
    There gonna use who ever is available at any time
    To make wal mart happy.

bzinger, jbgrim72 and Clara3 Thank this.
  10. benreon

benreon Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2021
    I was offer a position by the recruiter from Schneider a nighttime dedicated Walmart account .61 but she said it was 1300 miles out by Dallas do they get overtime I’m tryna at least get 2k or more or can I just switch after 3 months

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    If you live on a truck, willing to drive anywhere, it’s $1500 a week plus bonuses or take your commodity (and that’s what it is right now) and go someplace else.

$19,000 in ten months? Come on OP, I know you’re new, But that isn’t even worth the risk of driving around a big rig. You can do better than that.

Western flyer and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.