Schneider Walmart out of Wintersville, Ohio

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Schweiss, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Schweiss

Schweiss Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Anyone out there actually running this account? I'm looking at going with Schneider, but can't get a read on the actual pay for this account. Schneider advertises "up to $80k" per year; the recruiter told me most drivers are doing between $60-$70. Trying to find out whether this is accurate. Would appreciate any help - thanks!

mosstrap Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    I worked there for six months. Terrible, terrible gig. 80,000 is a total lie.
    More like 40-45k Max . Mostly overnight driving with multiple stop loads, 250 mile radius, eastern Ohio, west Penn, WV, west NY. and you have to stand on dock and peel labels off each pallet, so no waiting in your truck. Old dirty old trucks, slip seat into a different truck after 34 hr break. Recruiter told me I would get minimum 48 hours off, but dispatchers say " who told you that?". About 80% reefer, with poorly loaded freight tipped over when you get to store. Many a big mess. You will sleep on yard at Wintersville with no amenities, and a dirty break room with dispatch office attached. They leave personnel records out in open for anyone to sift through your personnel file if they choose. They tell you check with us at 1000 for your load info, you check at 1000, not ready, they tell you to check back every hour but it might not be ready until 1800, then you will be up all night delivering it, putting in 20 hour day. Its mostly new drivers so the pay is low and the recruiter you talk to may not even work for Schneider, they might just be getting a bonus for ever driver they get hired on...The drivers were pretty nice, but people in dispatch office had attitude problem, with one being fired for being such a jerk. He was replaced with another jerk however. Safety first and always at Schneider but some trucks were held together with zip ties and dispatcher were always trying to get me to run illegal. Most of the trucks are flat top, so I could not stand straight in it. It was the worst trucking job I ever had. It was worst trucking job I ever had.

freightwipper and tucker Thank this.
  4. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    How long ago did you drive on this account? Would give the OP some perspective, I am guessing it has been a while, just a hunch, I haven't seen many mid roof trucks on that account for a while.

5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    wow that sounds terrible!

6. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Pretty much what the other guy says.. it wasn't a bad gig outside the crappy trucks when I did it in 2008. We ran a lot of dry grocery out of Gordonsville but now Wal Mart fleet guys pretty much got that sowed up

7. Chrisb2152010

Chrisb2152010 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2015
    I've been working on this account for the last 2 years. While there is a handful of mid roof trucks they are reserved for brand new drivers and flex drivers. Full time drivers are assigned keep trucks and that is the truck they use unless theirs is in the shop being repaired. As for the zip tie comment that's ########. The freight is no touch freight however you do have to be inside the store to supervise unload. Experienced full time does have potential to make good money however coming in as a new driver it's tough until you figure out where your going. I don't know how long it's been since the other person worked there but as a current driver on this account these are facts. We have 96 trucks with only 5 mid roofs. 45 of the trucks are brand new with the rest being no older than 3 years. Before reading disassatisfied previous driver comments get facts from current drivers because his reply was nothing but hullshit.

drvrtech77, jakecat22 and mickeyrat Thank this.
  8. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    Not sure at all about the pay, but I see their trucks running all over WPA, WV, and Ohio at night when I'm driving. They're one of the few carriers that I can actually pass in my 62 mph truck. The Schneider tractors look newer to me, but another guy on here said they ran junk. I'll have to pay closer attention to them, I see at least one every night.

9. Schweiss

Schweiss Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks for the replies - would certainly appreciate any one else with experience. Really helpful to hear from some guys running this account!

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    3 posts above.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.