Schneiders Home Run Program.

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by gregba02, May 28, 2007.

1. gregba02

gregba02 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Im Set To Leave For Schneider Training On 06/07/07 And Got Put On The Homerun Program, 2wks Out 1wk Home. Just Wanted To Know If Anyone On This Forum Was On The Same Program. Im From El Paso Tx And Would Like To Know Where Ill Be Hauling Most Of The Time And What Ill Be Hauling. Sounds Good Cuz Most Other Places Follow The Rule Of Thumb Being For Every Week Out You Only Get 1 Day Home. I Know Ill Spend Alot Of Time At Home But Hey Ill Still Be Making More Than What Im Pulling In Now. I Work 6 Days A Week And Only Get 270.00 Talk About Crap. Well Anyways If Any Of You Orange Soldiers Got Info Please Let Me Know...oh Yeah And Im Thinking About A Cb Name Already Since I Pretty Much Know All The Lingo Growing Up With A Family Of Truckers. I Think My Name Will Be Urban Cowboy...what Do You Guys Think About That. I Hope It Dont Sound Gay...lol..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Robin

Robin Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Dunnellon, FL
    I'm on a waiting list for that program. There are no openings in my area right now under "Home Run." They're supposed to let me know (and told me I should keep calling back every week or so to keep my application "on the front burner"), then I'll prob'ly grab it. One week home and two weeks away. Sounds awesome.

-Robin

4. MICHAELJAYCLARK

MICHAELJAYCLARK Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    270 a week?!?!!? wow, one week home and 2 weeks out you will make more money for sure. let us all know how it works out and if the money is worth it.

5. Revvy1337

Revvy1337 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    After calling a bunch of different SNI recruiters and not using my social security (I wouldn't want them to know who I was, hehe, an applicant) and found out that there were 5 pages of dedicated opportunities in the Fort Wayne, IN. Talk about sweet. Unlike others, I used to make like 400 dollars every two weeks. If I made 600 dollars a week, that would be heaven. I know some think OTR is like being on Star Trek but on ground, however, I'd like to stick home a little more.

I got put on dedicated runs to General Mills. Hey, I like cereal.

6. Revvy1337

Revvy1337 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh, I think I want my CB name to be Revvy1337.

7. betamax

betamax Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2007
    mi
    you make alot more doing otr i go out 3-4 weeks at a time i dont really like being gone that long but you make more money that way home run slip seats you so if the driver getting back is late they lay him over trying to get him a load going home you will have up to 2 weeks off sometimes and it helps if you go otr make the truck as much like home as you can use to drive for sni they dont allow pets the out fit i drive for allows pets i have a doxen i take with me and it really helps when you have a bad day good luck.

8. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Friggen teacher in me...

You make alot more doing otr. I go out 3-4 weeks at a time. I don't really like being gone that long, but you make more money that way. Home run slip seats you, so if the driver getting back is late, they lay him over trying to get him a load going home. You will have up to 2 weeks off sometimes, and it helps if you go otr, make the truck as much like home as you can. Used to drive for SNI; they dont allow pets. The outfit I drive for allows pets. I have a daschund and take it with me, and it really helps when you have a bad day. Good luck!

9. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    LOL. I gave up, I just correct people who annoy me.

10. ziggystyles

lolisntitannoyingwhenpeopledontusepunctuationwhentheytypeImeanGoditgivesmeaheadachetryingtodecipherwhatpeoplearetryingtosaywhenicanttellonethoughtfromanother

11. ziggystyles

By the way, where are you in WY?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.