School or Paid CDL Training in NC

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by CdlRookie1974, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Not really, when you compare to other trucking company cdl schools that don't pay anything. Roehl and Online are the only two companies I know of that put the student on salary plus meals and lodging while attending cdl school. Most just furnish meals and lodging and no pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    I just graduated the Millis Transfer school in Eden. Best 5 hundo I've spent in years. I head out w my trainer on Tuesday for 15,000 miles w him at .43/mile then get the keys to a new Kenworth T680 with satellite tv/radio, fridge, and all the new tricks the automatic trucks come with.

Any trucking company you pick involves some sacrifices.. Just like the career choice of driving a truck. It boils down to how bad do you want it. In reality, the schooling will continue for 1-2 years before the smoke clears and you're able to reassess the direction you want to take it. After 1 year you'll pay off the company for the school then have miles and experience behind you that makes you hirable for better money, more home time, dedicated route, or what ever you want to do.
    That's how I look at it anyway.

At this point, I have nothing bad to say about Millis or anyone I've met at the Eden and Carterville, GA terminals. Going from a trucking school to .43 a mile and over 50K the first year doesn't suck either.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.